ATHI WATER SERVICES BOARD Tender:Supply and Delivery of Pipes and Fittings for the WSPs,Closing Date:16/12/2013
ATHI WATER SERVICES BOARD
INVITATION FOR BIDS
NAME OF PROJECT: Water and Sanitation Service Improvement Project Additional Financing (WASSIP AF)
Credit No. 5103-KE
Contract Title: Supply and Delivery of Pipes and Fittings for the WSPs
Contract No. ICB No: AWSB/WASSIP-AF/COMP.I/G-03/2013. Reference No. 03 (As per the procurement plan)
1. The Government of the Republic of Kenya on behalf of Athi Water Services Board has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Water and Sanitation Service Improvement Project Additional Financing, and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Supply and Delivery of Pipes and Fittings for the WSP’s.
2. The Athi Water Services Board now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for Supply and delivery of PVC and HDPE water pipes and fittings to be delivered to Komothai, Githunguri District within a delivery period of 90 days. Margin of preference shall not apply.
3. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures as specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement of Goods under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowersfor Procurement of Goods, Works and Non-Consulting Services issued in January 2011 and updated in March 2013 (“Procurement Guidelines”), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Guidelines. In addition, please refer to paragraphs 1.6 and 1.7 setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Athi Water Services Board, Chief Executive Officer, email@example.com and inspect the bidding documents during office hours from 0800 hours to 1700 hours local time from Monday to Friday, except during lunch hour (1300 hours to 1400 hours), during weekends and public holidays at the address given below.
5. A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested eligible bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of KSh. 1,000 or in a convertible currency. The method of payment will be cash or banker’s cheque. The document will be collected from the address below.
6. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 12.00 East African Time on 16th December 2013. The packages should be clearly marked Supply and Delivery of Pipes and Fittings for the WSP’s, Contract No.: AWSB/WASSIP-AF/COMP.I/G-03/201 3. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who choose to attend at the address below on 16th December 2013 at 12.05 East African Time.
7. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of KSh. 900,000.00 (Kenya Shillings Nine Hundred Thousand only) or equivalent amount in freely convertible currency.
8. The address referred to above is
Athi Water Services Board
Floor and Building: 3rd Floor Africa- Re Centre
Street: Hospital Road Upper Hill
Facsimile Number: +254-020-2724295