COAST WATER SERVICES BOARD Tender: EOI for Consultancy Services for Waste Water Master Plan for Mombasa and Other Selected Towns,Closing Date:2/9/2013
COAST WATER SERVICES BOARD
Project: Water and Sanitation Service Improvement Project – Additional Financing (WaSSIP – AF)
Credit No.:51030 – KE
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (CONSULTING SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION)
Title: WASTE WATER MASTER PLAN FOR MOMBASA AND SELECTED TOWNS WITHIN THE COAST REGION
Contract No: CWSB/WaSSIP-AF/C/10/2012
1. The Government of Kenya has received financing from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the cost of the Water and Sanitation Service Improvement Project – Additional Financing (WaSSIP – AF), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
2. The consulting services (“Services”) include:-
a) To prepare an investment programme of Immediate Urgent Works for the rehabilitation of existing sewers and sewage treatment plants in Mombasa (if necessary) and new schemes in other towns.
b) To prepare a phased investment programme for the construction of new trunk sewers and secondary sewer networks over a twenty five year planning period. This should also include programme for customer connections.
c) To prepare a phased investment programme for providing new, and for increasing the capacity of existing, wastewater treatment facilities over a twenty five year planning period.
d) To carry out industrial effluent surveys in Mombasa and the other Towns and to review the current pollution control strategies for industrial discharges.
e) To recommend a treated effluent disposal/reuse strategy for the effluent from Kipevu and Kizingo Waste Water Treatment Plants (WWTPs) in West Mainland and Island of Mombasa respectively.
3. The Coast Water Services Board (CWSB), a state corporation under the Ministry of Environment, Water and Natural Resources (MEW&NR), now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The short listing criteria are:
a) Experience in similar assignments.
b) Experience working within similar conditions preferably East Africa.
c) Availability of appropriate skills among key staff.
4. The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants/ by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
5. Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
6. A consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
7. Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours i.e. 0800 to 1630 hours excluding lunch time 1230-1400 hours local time and public holidays.
8. Expressions of interest should be clearly marked with the following statements “Expression of Interest for Consultancy Services for Waste Water Master Plan for Mombasa and Other Selected Towns” and must be delivered in written form to the address below (in person, or by email) by 2nd September, 2013 at 1200 hours local time.
Chief Executive Officer,
COAST WATER SERVICES BOARD,
Mikindani Street,off Nkurumah Road,