Consultancy Services for Supervision of Construction Works in Informal Settlements in Kisumu and Kericho Counties
Type : Tender ( EOI )
Category : Professional Services , Other Professional Services
Ref No : MLHUD/KISIP/CS/009/2014-2015
By : MINISTRY OF LAND, HOUSING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT (MoLH&UD)
Closing : Fri, Jul 17, 2015 11:00
Eligibility : Kenya
REPUBLIC OF KENYA
MINISTRY OF LAND, HOUSING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT
Kenya Informal Settlements Improvement Project (KISIP) Credit No: 4873-KE
Request for Expressions of Interest (REOI) for Consultancy Services for Supervision of Construction Works in Informal Settlements in Kisumu and Kericho Counties (One Contract)
This Request for Expression of Interest follows the General Procurement Notice for this project that appeared in Development Business; issue No. 803 of 31st July 2011.
The Government of Kenya has received a Credit from International Development Association (IDA) for the Kenya Informal Settlements Improvement Project (KISIP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this Credit to payments under this contract, Consultancy Services for Supervision of Construction works in Informal Settlements in Kisumu and Kericho Counties
3. The services required will include:
To fulfill the rqje of the Engineer’s Representative in the supervision of the construction -s works;
To study the designs, the design investigations, the design assumptions and calculations and the design records, together with the contract documents, so as to familiarize fully with the design and the contract documents, all prior to construction commencing, undertake any other designs and/or redesigns where and when necessary as site conditions may dictate and issue contractors with final designs/drawings. Designs and redesigns undertaken during supervision consultancy period within scope of works shall not attract any extra payment to the consultant;
To supervise, in accordance with the conditions of contract, specifications and
drawings, works carried out by the selected contractor; and , .
To provide the Client with regular status reports and other reports as per the Terms of Reference, together with all related necessary technical assistance and professional advice related to supervision of the construction of the said works.
4. The services under this assignment will be carried out in the two towns of Kisumu and Kericho. It is expected that the winning firm shall be able to schedule her key staff to work in the two projects at the same time. Separate teams shall be at the consulting firm’s costs.
5. The works to be supervised are in three Lots for Kisumu and two Lots Kericho Counties. Lot 1 comprises of construction of Roads/footpaths and Drainage works; Lot 2 comprises of construction of 30m high mast lighting structures; and Lot 3 comprises construction of water supply and sanitation works. The works shall be undertaken in all the settlements concurrently.
The construction periods are as follows:
KISUMU: Lot 1 – 12months, Lot 2 – 6 months, and Lot 3 – 12 months KERICHO Lot 1 – 12 months. Lot 2 – 6 months.
The defects Liability period for Lots 1 and 3 shall be 12 month and Lot 2 shall be 6 months.
6. The Ministry of Land, Housing and Urban Development through the Kenya Informal Settlement Improvement Project (KISIP) now invites eligible firms to express their interest ~ in providing the services. Interested firms must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, and availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc).
7. Firms may associate in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
8. Consultant (s) will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (May. 2004, Revised October 2006 and May 2010) especially on experience in similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, and availability of appropriate skills among staff.
9. Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below from 0800 to 1600 hours from Monday to Friday excluding lunch hour (1300 to 1400Hrs) and public holidays.
10. Expression of interest shall be delivered on 17th July 2015 at 1100 hrs EAT using one of the following modalities:
(i) deposit in the tender box located on 6th Floor, Ardhi House in Nairobi and/or
(ii) by email to: email@example.com Expression of Interest should be clearly marked Contract No. MLHUD/KISIP/CS/009/2014-2015 Consultancy Services for Supervision of Construction Works in Informal Settlements in Kisumu and Kericho counties.
NB – Please note earlier expression of interest sent on 12th May 2015 will NOT be considered, firms that responded earlier and are interested MUST send expression of interest again.
Ministry of Land, Housing and Urban Development
Ardhi House, 6th Floor – Reception 1st Ngong Avenue,
off Ngong Road