Drought Mitigation Study (Plan) for Northern Water Services Board Region.
Type : Tender ( EOI )
Category : Professional Services , Research and Study
Ref No : CWSB/WaSSIP-AF/CDR/21/2012
By : COAST WATER SERVICES BOARD
Closing : Thu, Sep 10, 2015 12:00
Eligibility : Kenya
COAST WATER SERVICES BOARD
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION)
Project: Water and Sanitation Service Improvement Project -Additional Financing (WaSSIP – AF)
Credit No.:51030 – KE
Title: Drought Mitigation Study (Plan) for Northern Water Services Board Region.
Contract Ref No. CWSB/WaSSIP-AF/CDR/21/2012
The Government of Kenya- has received financing from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the cost of the Water and Sanitation Service Improvement Project – Additional Financing (WaSSIP – AF), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
2. The consulting services (“Services”) include:-
Propose Water-supply projects to be implemented for drought mitigation, with a view to strengthen drought preparedness. Activities such as water-use planning, rain-water harvesting, runoff collection using surface and underground structures, improved management of channels and wells, exploration of additional water resources through drilling and dam construction, are to be implemented as a part of a drought-mitigation plan.
Recommend a suitable drought index for ease of prioritisation of drought intervention.
Prepare pre-feasibility studies for proposed intervention and show this on a GIS map.
Liaise with other stakeholders to develop an integrated master plan for drought mitigation
Develop spatial data and integrate in GIS software
3. The duration of the services is expected to be twelve (12) months.
4. The Coast Water Services Board (CWSB), a state corporation under the Ministry of Water and Irrigation (MW&I), now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
Experience in similar assignments i.e. Drought mitigation studies including water resource studies, conceptual and detailed designs, tender documentation and works supervision of water projects.
Experience in similar conditions and,
Availability of appropriate skills amongst staff
5. The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers. January 2011 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest
6. Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
7. A consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
8. Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours i.e. 0800 to 1630 hours excluding lunch time 1230-1400 hours local time.
9. Expressions of interest should be clearly maYked with the following statements “Expression of Interest for Consultancy Services for Drought Mitigation Study/Plan for NWSB Area” and must be delivered in written form to the address below by 10th September 2015 at 1200 hours local time.
Chief Executive Officer,
Coast Water Services Board,
Mikindani Street, off Nkrumah Road,
P.O. Box 90417-80100 MOMBASA, KENYA
Fax.:254 – 041 -2316471