KENYA CIVIL AVIATION Tender:
INVITATION TO BID FOR THE SUPPLY, INSTALLATION AND INSTALLATION OF AVIATION SECURITY EQUIPMENT AND SYSTEM TEST KITS Closing Date: 13th September 2012
KENYA CIVIL AVIATION
INVITATION FOR BIDS (IFB)
KENYA TRANSPORT SECTOR SUPPORT PROJECT
INVITATION TO BID FOR THE SUPPLY, INSTALLATION OF AVIATION SECURITY EQUIPMENT AND SYSTEM TEST KITS
Credit No: IDA 4926 – KE
ICB NUMBER: KCAA/23/2011-2012
1. This invitation for bids follows the General Procurement Notice for this project that appeared in Development Business, issue of 24th September 2012.
2. The Government of Kenya has received a credit from the international Development Association towards the cost of the Kenya Transport Sector Support Project procurement of aviation security equipment and system test kits and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under the Contract for the supply installation and commissioning of aviation security equipment and system test kits.
3. The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority now invites sealed bids form eligible and qualified bidders for the supply, installation and commissioning of aviation security equipment and system test kits.. International competitive bidding will be conducted in accordance with the World Banks single stage bidding procedure. The items to be supplied are classified into two lots as follows:-
Lot 1: AVSEC X-ray BAGGAGE Screening Equipment and Screening and basic X- ray Screeners Training Kit
a) X-ray Baggage Screening Equipment
b) Basic X ray Screeners Training Kit
Lot 2: Explosive Trace detection equipments and screening system Test Kits
a) Explosives Simulants Kit
b) Concealed Simulated IED Kit
c) Explosives Introductory Training Kit
d) Initiating Mechanism & Firing systems Training Kit
e) Explosives Trace Detection Equipment
4. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures specified in the World Banks’ Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loan and IDA Credits and is open to all bidders form Eligible source Countries as defined in the Guidelines.
5. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents during working form 0800 hours to 1700 hours excluding lunch time (1300 hours – 1400 hours) at the office of the Manager Procurement Kenya Civil Aviation Authority, Kenya Airports Authority Complex Building, Jomo Kenyatta International Airport Nairobi Kenya 1st floor, RM No. 37. Bidders may also view and download the bidding document for KCAA website: www.kcaa.orke and immediately forward their particulars for records and for the purposes of receiving any further tender clarifications and / or addendums.
6. Qualifications requirements: Interested bidders amount other qualifications criteria stipulated in the bidding documents meet the following:
i) Minimum average turnover of USD 300, 000 of each lot.
ii) Successfully completed supply, installation and commissioning of at least three similar contracts
7. Completed set of bidding documents in English may b e purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written Application to the address below and upon payment of a non refundable fee of Kshs. 5., 000. 00 or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency in cash or bankers cheque payable to Kenya Civil Aviation authority. Bidders who download the tender documents will be required to pay a reduced mandatory non refundable fee of Kshs. 2, 000 or an equivalent amount in freely convertible currency on or before the closing date.
8. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 11. 00 hours, 13th September 2012. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidder’s representatives who choose to attend in person at 11 h00 hours on 13th September 2012 at KCAA Boardroom located on first floor of the Kenya Airports Authority Complex, Jomo Kenyatta International airport Nairobi. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of USD 3, 000. 00 for Lot 1 an USD 2, 800 for lot 2.
9. The address refereed to above is :
The director General
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority
P. OL Box 30163 – 00100
Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
Kenya Airports Authority Complex, 1st floor, Room No 95
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org