Tana Water Works Development Agency was established under the Water Act 2016 to undertake the development, maintenance and management of the national public water works within its area of jurisdiction; Operate the waterworks and provide water services as a water service provider, until such a time as responsibility for the operation and management of the water works are handed over to a county government, joint committee, authority of county governments or water services provider within whose area of jurisdiction or supply the waterworks is located; Provide reserve capacity for purposes of providing water services where pursuant to section 103, the Regulatory Board orders the transfer of water services functions from a defaulting water services provider to another licensee; Provide technical services and capacity building to such county governments and water services providers within its area as may be requested and provide to the Cabinet Secretary technical support in the discharge of his or her functions under the Constitution and the Act.
In line with the need to realize the above mandate the Board of Directors is seeking to recruit a dynamic, exceptional and visionary leader with good professional and ethical standing to fill the position of Chief Executive Officer. Chief Executive Officer – TWWDA Grade 1 – TWWDA/CEO/3/2020
a) Job Purpose
He/she will be reporting to the Board of Directors and be responsible for overseeing all the strategic, operational and financial performance of the organization through effective management.
1) Provide strategic direction and leadership in line with Agency’s Strategic Plan;
2) Oversee implementation of corporate business plan and strategies based on the Agency’s business philosophy, mission, vision and core values;
3) Undertake prudent financial management and investment mandates by ensuring sound policies and practices are adopted for optimal utilization and returns;
4) Oversee optimal and effective operations of the Agency water infrastructure;
5) Develop and engage effective leadership teams to ensure excellent performance and effective succession planning at the Agency;
6) Develop and strengthen networks and partnerships with the government, development partners and private sector to spearhead fundraising for project implementation and sustainability; and
7) Foster a conducive corporate culture that promotes strong ethical practices, good governance, employee productivity and compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements as stipulated in Mwongozo.
b) Qualifications and Work Experience
For appointment to this position, the officer must have: –
i. At least fifteen (15) years’ working experience in public or private institutions five
(5) of which must have been in a Senior Management position;
ii. Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Water Engineering or a related field;
iii. Master’s Degree in Engineering or a related field;
iv. Be a registered Engineer by Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK);
v. Be a member of the Institute of Engineers of Kenya (IEK);
vi. Leadership course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized Institution;
vii. Demonstrated results in work performance;
viii. Proficiency in Computer applications; and
ix. Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution.
c) Personal Competencies
1) Strong visionary leadership and negotiation skills with capacity to engage with local, regional and international organizations;
2) Conversant with GoK, donor funded projects and familiarity with water sector management;
3) Strategic thinker with good commercial acumen and the ability to identify economic opportunities in changing environment and to capitalize on them;
4) Demonstrate competence in steering implementation of large scale water projects;
5) Familiarity with reforms in the public sector and commercial settings;
6) Track history of creativity, innovation, self-drive, result orientation and ability to handle a public organization;
7) Be conversant with various investment models including public private partnerships and build operate transfer among others;
8) A demonstrated adaptability to drive change and transformation, with proven capability of quickly assessing complex situations, generating astute, practical and pragmatic solutions, generating plans of action and addressing problems;
9) Excellent communication and presentation skills, strong interpersonal, analytical, organizational and team capacities and high professional ethical standing; and
10) Should be experienced in steering and managing an organization and related staff welfare matters.
The appointment will be for a contractual period of three (3) year renewable once for a similar period of time subject to satisfactory performance, delivery of set performance targets and outcomes set by the Board of Directors. Applicants will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Kenya Constitution 2010 by attaching copies of the following;
a) Certificate of Good Conduct from the Director of Criminal Investigations;
b) Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
c) Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
d) Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
e) Clearance from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
Applicants should submit applications including copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials and Curriculum Vitae, including details such as current position, remuneration and three (3) referees.
Applications should be sent preferably by email to the following email address;
email@example.com addressed to:
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
TANA WATER WORKS DEVELOPMENT AGENCY
MAJI HOUSE ALONG BADEN POWELL ROAD
P.O BOX 1292 – 10100
so as to reach him NOT LATER THAN 22ND SEPTEMBER 2020 AT 5.00PM
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Tana Water Works Development Agency is an equal opportunity employer.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification of the candidate.