UPGRADING OF LOICHANGAMATAK – LODWAR ROAD A(1), 50KM
Type : Tender ( IFB )
Category : Engineering & Construction , Roads & Sewarage Construction
Ref No : KeNHA/1187/2015
By : KENYA NATIONAL HIGHWAYS AUTHORITY (KENHA)
Closing : Wed, Mar 23, 2016 11:00
Eligibility : Kenya
Kenya National Highways Authority
Quality Highways, Better Connections
SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE PROCUREMENT OF WORKS COUNTRY: KENYA
EASTERN AFRICA REGIONAL TRANSPORT, TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT FACILITATION PROJECT
(EARTTDFP), CREDIT NO: 5638-KE
CONTRACT TITLE: UPGRADING OF LOICHANGAMATAK – LODWAR ROAD A(1), 50KM
TENDER NO KeNHA/1187/2015
REFERENCE NO. (AS PER PROCUREMENT PLAN): KR 1.3(B)
1. The Government of the Republic of Kenya has received financing from the World Bank for the Eastern Africa Regional Transport, Trade and Development Facilitation Project (EARTTDFP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds towards payment under a contract for the Upgrading of the Loichangamatak – Lodwar Road (50km).
2. The works include:
Reconstruction of road pavements to attain a 7m carriageway width with 2m shoulders on each side using materials such as surface dressing, asphalt concrete and/or dense bitumen macadam, graded crushed stone, cement stabilized or cement improved material and improved subgrade.
Construction of bridges, culverts and other drainage infrastructure.
3. The Kenya National Highways Authority, a State Corporation under the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure established under the Kenya Roads Act, 2007, now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the contract for upgrading of the above named roads.
4. Bidders who meet the appropriate qualification criteria stated in the bidding documents, which are summarized inter-alia in the table below are invited to bid. Only bidders who consider they meet the qualification criteria as given in the table should bid. Award will be on the basis of the lowest evaluated cost to the Employer.
5. Qualification criteria include but are not limited to the following;
Average Annual Construction Turnover
Minimum average annual construction turnover of USD 65 Million
(i) The Bidder shall demonstrate that it has access to liquid assets, unencumbered real assets, lines of credit, and other financial sufficient to meet the construction cash flow requirements estimated as USD 11 Million
Specific Construction & Contract Management Experience
(i) A minimum number of similar contracts specified below that have been satisfactorily and substantially completed between 1st January, 2011 and application submission deadline:
(i) Two (2) contracts, each of minimum value USD 75,000,000
(ii) number of contracts less than or equal to two, each of
minimum value USD 60,000,000, but with total value of all
contracts equal or more than USD 150,000,000
For the above and any other contracts completed and under implementation on or after the first day of the calendar year during the period stipulated, a minimum construction experience in the following key activities successfully completed:
1. Fill in soft or hard material 85,000 m3 per month
2. Bituminous Mixes (dense bitumen macadam) 1,900 m3 per
3. Graded crushed stone 5,500 m3 per month
4. Cement Treated Base: (graded crushed stone or gravel)
processed in a stationary plant: 5,500 m3 per month
5. Concrete Works 900 m3 per month
6. The works are located in Turkana County in the Republic of Kenya. The time for completion will be 30 months and the defects liability period will be 12 months.
7. A margin of preference for local bidders of 7.5% will be applicable.
8. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive, Bidding procedures as specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement of Goocls, Works and Non- % Consulting Sen/ices under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers issued in January 20 7 7 and revised in July 2014 (“Procurement Guidelines”), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Guidelines. In addition, please refer to paragraphs 1.6 and 1.7 setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
9. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding
documents at the offices of Kenya National Highways Authority (address below) during week days (Monday to Friday), excluding public holidays, from 09:00 hrs to 16:00 hrs local time.
10. A complete set of bidding documents for each lot, in English, may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the address indicated in paragraph 16 below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Kenya Shillings 1,000 (One Thousand Shillings only) or equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency.
11. The method of payment for the bidding documents will be a banker’s cheque or certified cheque drawn in favour of the Kenya National Highways Authority. Payment for purchase of bidding documents may also be made through Telegraphic Transfer to the bank account below:
ACCOUNT TITLE : KENYA NATIONAL HIGHWAYS AUTHORITY
ACCOUNT NO : 1110623704
BANK NAME : KENYA COMMERCIAL BANK LTD
BRANCH NAME : MOI AVENUE, Tel +254-20-3270000, +254-20-2852000
SORT CODE : 01100
SWIFT CODE : KCBLKENX
12. Bidding documents will be sent to the purchasers(s) or bidder(s) who so request, or can be collected by appointed representatives from First Floor, Blue Shield Towers, Hospital Road, Upper Hill, Nairobi. The cost of transmission of payment for purchase of bidding documents and delivery thereof by post or courier to the purchaser shall be borne by the purchaser. Kenya National Highways Authority shall not be held liable for non-delivery, or incomplete delivery of hard copy of bidding documents so transmitted.
13. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of Kes 125,000,000 or equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency.
14. Bids shall be enclosed in plain packages, and clearly marked with the ICB No., Contract Title, and Contract Number for identification as appropriate, sealed and transmitted by courier or delivered by hand as preferred by the bidder so as to be received at the address below, not later than 1100 hours local time on 23rd March 2016.
Kenya National Highways Authority
Blueshield Towers, Upper Hill, 1st Floor, Procurement Office
15. Electronic bidding will NOT be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below on 23rd March, 2016 at 1100hrs.
KeNHA Headquarters Conference Room on 3rd Floor, Blue Shield Towers, Hospital Road, Upper Hill Nairobi.
16. Further information and clarification on the bidding documents may be obtained at the address below:
Attention . : General Manager (Special Projects)
Street Address : Kenya National Highways Authority Blueshield Towers, Hospital Road
Floor/Room Number: Second Floor
City NAIROBI, KENYA
Telephone V +254 20 4954200, Fax No. 020 8042928
Email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR: DIRECTOR GENERAL