Africa Geothermal International ltd Tender: Engineering Consultancy – Request for Proposal Closing Date:13/9/2013
Africa Geothermal International, LTD
Engineering Consultancy – Request for Proposal
Agil is developing the Longonot Geothermal Project the Olkaria geothermal area – see www.africa-geothermal.com. Agil has completed geothermal surface investigations and obtained the required permits and licenses to begin construction of the infrastructure works for the project. Agil now seeks proposals from Kenyan civil engineering consultants for roads and water infrastructure design.
Scope of Work
The scope of work will include:
• Update of topographic survey and geotechnical investigation.
• Design and specification of:
– Approximately 5km public road and 5km access roads inside Longonot National Park, laydown area, drilling well pads. Water reservoir, including inlet/outlet structures and hydrology assessments.
• Two school classrooms.
• Obtaining necessary permits/approvals.
• Tender management: identification of contractors, cost estimating, production/issue of tender documentation, tender evaluation and contract negotiations.
• Construction supervision
• In house health and safety capability for supervision of contractors.
• Accredited ISO 9000 quality management systems.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in design of roads/dams/water infrastructure in Kenya, and associated studies/activities including tender/contracts management.
• Insurance for Employers Liability, Professional Indemnity and Public Product Liability.
Health and Safety: CV of manager responsible for H&S, details of H&S policy and management system including monitoring and reporting (including incidents in last 5 years), procedures for safety risk assessments, design risk assessments and producing associated method statements, examples of H&S monitoring and how designs have been amended to improve their safety. Quality: quality policy and description of quality management system, description of technical review / approval processes and how actions are closed out and description of how design team interfaces with implementation team (accreditation of environmental management system to ISO14001 or health and safety management system to OHSAS18001 would be advantageous).
Company information: Company background, main company details (parent and subsidiaries), list of directors, services offered, range of skills and numbers of staff per team/discipline in Nairobi office.
Company Status: certificates of incorporation, audited financial statements for the last three years including tax registration and compliance certificates. Insurance: Copies of Employers Liability, Professional Indemnity and Public Product Liability insurance certificates stating sum insured and period of validity.
Experience: Project capability in above scope activities including a list of specific projects (including dates/status and description of project scale and scope).
Sub-contractors: Details of any sub-contractors anticipated as required to undertake the works.
Written (email – address below) clarification requests will be considered up to seven (7) days before the below submission date.
Submission documents must be submitted electronically by 1200hrs (East Africa Time) on September 13, 2013 to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those proposals received by the above date and time will be evaluated. Consultants meeting the selection criteria will be shortlisted.