ATHI WATER SERVICES BOARD,Tender:Construction Of Kiambu Water Supply 08,Closing Date:29/1/2014
ATHI WATER SERVICES BOARD
Invitation for Bids (IFB)
Project: WATER AND SANITATION SERVICES IMPROVEMENT PROJECT ADDITIONAL FINANCING (WaSSIP-AF)
Credit No: 5103KE
Contract Title: CONSTRUCTION OF KIAMBU WATER SUPPLY
IFB No: 08 (as per the Procurement Plan)
Contract No.: AWS B/W ASSIP-AF/COM P. 1 /W-08/13
1. The Government of Kenya has received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of Water and Sanitation Service Improvement Project Additional Financing (WaSSIP-AF) and intends to apply part of the proceeds towards payment under the contract for Construction of Kiambu Water Supply.
2. The Athi Water Services Board now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the construction of the works comprising of:
(i) Construction of Riara Water Works
Construction of intake weir to abstract 4000m3/day flow from Riara River Construction of raw and treated water pipes DN 200 to DN 250 steel pipe, 5.8Km long
Construction of 4000m3/day Treatment works consisting of 4 flocculation tanks, 4 units of sedimentation basins, 4 filter units, chemical Building, Utility Building, 48 cubic meters steel elevated pressed steel backwash tank, backwash pump house and installation of backwash pumping units, and 150 cubic meters masonry clear water tank and site works;
Construction of 1250m3 storage tank.
(ii) Construction of Kamiti Water Works
Construction of intake weir to abstract 4000m3/day flow from Gachoruba River Construction of raw and treated water main DN 200 to DN 250 steel pipe, 11.2Km long
Construction of 4000m3/day Treatment works consisting of 4 flocculation tanks, 4 units of sedimentation basins, 4 filter units, Chemical Building,*Utility Building, 48 cubic meters steel elevated pressed steel backwash tank, backwash pump house and installation of backwash pumping units, and 150 cubic meters masonry clear water tank and site works;
Margin of preference is not applicable
3. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures as specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement of Goods. Works and Non-Consulting Services under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers. January 2011 and updated in March 2013 (“Procurement Guidelines”), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Guidelines. In addition, please refer to paragraphs 1.6 and 1.7 setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Athi Water Services Board, Chief Executive Officer, email@example.com inspect the bidding documents during office hours from 0800 hours to 1700 hours local time from Monday to Friday, except during lunch hour (1300 hours to 1400 hours), during weekends and public holidays at the address given below.
5. A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested eligible bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of KSh. 1,000 (Kenya Shillings One Thousand) or in a convertible currency. The method of payment will be cash or banker’s cheque. The document will be collected from the below address.
6. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 12.00 East African Time 29th January 2014. The packages should be clearly marked Construction of Kiambu Water Supply, Contract No.: AWSB/WASSIP-AF/COMP.l/W-08/13. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who choose to attend at the address below on 29th January 2014 at 12.05 East African Time.
7. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security bank guarantee of KSh. 7,500,000 (Kenya Shillings Seven Million, Five Hundred Thousand); or equivalent amount in freely convertible currency.
8. The address referred to above is:
Chief Executive Officer
Athi Water Services Board
3rd Floor, Reception, Africa Re Centre
Hospital Road, Upper Hill
Tel: +254 2724292/3
Fax: +254 2724295