CITY OF KISUMU Tender :Detailed Design and Supervision for the Proposed Upgrading of 5 Roads to Bitumen Standards Closing Date: 15/8/2013
CITY OF KISUMU
KISUMU URBAN PROJECT (KUP)
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
DETAILED DESIGN AND SUPERVISION FOR THE PROPOSED UPGRADING OF FIVE (5) ROADS TO BITUMEN STANDARDS TENDER NO. CCKK/KUP/RFP/H/2012/014
DATE: 16TH JULY 2013
1. The Republic of Kenya has obtained a credit from the Agence Francaise de Development (AFD) for implementing the Kisumu Urban Project (KUP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds to PROCURE Consultancy Services to assist the City of Kisumu carry out detailed designs, prepare tender documents and supervise works for bitumen roads construction project in Kisumu.
2. The Republic of Kenya has delegated the above mentioned financing o the City of Ksiumu, which is launching a tender to select a consultant to carry out the consultancy services.
3. The consultancy services will include but are not limited to:
· Carrying out engineering survey to identify the best possible alignment of the proposed roads
· Carrying out engineering and cost benefit analysis of the proposed road
· Preparation of design reports including drawings, bills of quantities and other details
· Preparation of tender documents and assistance in procurement of contractors
· Supervision if the construction works of the proposed roads
4. The services are expected to take one hundred and three (103) weeks excluding the one year defects liability period.
5. The consultant will be selected using the quality and cost based selection method as described in the Request for proposals document.
6. The consultant’s tam shall include but is not limited to the following experts:-
· Senior roads engineer (Team leader)
· Roads Engineer (Deputy Team Leader)
· Engineering survey expert
· Geotechnical/materials Engineer
· Drainage Engineer
· Estimates Engineer/ surveyor
· Socio economist
7. Firms are required to submit copies of the following administrative documents:
Certificate of Registration / Information
Relevant Professional Registration and licenses
Tax compliance certificate
Evidence of physical address and premises
Audited financial reports for the last 3 years
Evidence of purchase of Request for proposals documents (copy of purchase receipt)
Other documents as indicated in the Request for proposals document
8. This bidding is open to both local and international consultants and the consultants will be selected I accordance with the Government of Kenya Public procurement regulations.
9. The City of Kisumu now invited interested firms to submit their proposals for providing these services. Interested firms must provide information to demonstrate their capacity to perform the services as detailed in the Request for request for proposals document, including:
· Description of relevant assignment over the past five years
· CVs of key expert staff that will be mobilized to carry out the assignment
· In the case of consortia / joint ventures, the association agreement and information on the partners
· Evidence of average annual business turnover being at least Kes 60 million (Euro 600, 000) per annum in the last three years.
10. The Request for proposals document can be obtained form the procurement office at City Hall, Court Road, Kisumu City; during working ours 98. 00 am – 5. 00pm) upon payment of non refundable fee of Kenya Shillings Five Thousand (Kes 5, 000) to the City of Ksiumu.
11. Proposals shall be deposited in the Tender Box marked :”KUP Tender Box” at eh City Hall,, Ground floor, Court Road, Kisumu Kenya or be addressed to:
INTERIM CITY MANAGER,
CITY OF KISUMU
P. O. BOX 105 – 40100
So as to be received not later than 12. 00 pm on 15th August 2013.
12. Proposals shall be clearly marked “Tender Number: CCK/KUP/RFP/H/2012/014 for provision o detailed design and supervision services for proposed Bitumen roads”
13. Tenders will be opened in the presence of bidders who wish to attend the opening of the proposals on the same day (15th August 2013) starting at 12. 00pm (Kenya time)
14. For any additional information, please contact;
Interim City Manager
City of Kisumu
P. O. Box 105 – 40100 Kisumu
Telephone: +254 (0) 57 2023812
Copied to: email@example.com
CHRISTOPHER O. RUSANA
INTERIM CITY MANAGER