COAST WATER SERVICES BOARD,Tender:Construction Of Kizingitini Water Supply Project,Closing Date:28/1/2014
COAST WATER SERVICES BOARD
Project: CONSTRUCTION OF KIZINGITINI WATER SUPPLY PROJECT
Tender No. CWSB/T/05/2013-2014
1. Coast Water Services Board has received funds from the Government of Kenya and now invites sealed Tenders from eligible national contractors registered or capable of being registered with National Construction Authority (NCA) at least category NCA7 or above for Water Works for carrying out the Construction of Kizingitini Water Supply Project:- Tender No. CWSB/ T/05/2013-2014
a. Construction of 2No. Shallow wells diameter of 2m and not exceeding 15m deep and carrying out test pumping.
b. Supply, Equipping and testing of 2no. Submersible pumps complete with control panel each capable of discharging l.5-2.0m3/hr at 20m head.
c. Construction of INo. 25m3Masonry Raw Water Tank.
d. Construction of INo. 50m3 Masonry Clear Water Tank.
e. Supply and installation of INo. Desalination Unit with a capacity of 3m3/hr capable of compressing brackish water up to 31250mg/l of Total dissolved Solids (TDS).
f. Supply and installation of surface water pump coupled to a motor complete with a start gear, capable of discharging 5m3/hrat 20m head.
g. Supply, installation and test 31KVA Genset mounted on a common base plate.
h. Construction of RC 10m high above ground tower to carry I0m3 plastic tank load, which incorporate plant house and a water kiosk at ground floor.
i. Construction of 1 No platform Tank base 3m diameter and height 1.2m above ground
j. Supply and installation of 2No. Plastic tanks each of 10m3 capacity (INo to be installed on top of the elevated RC Tower and the other on the tank base platform.
k. Construction of 1 No. Water Kiosk to serve the community.
I. Construction of 1 No. Grade 9 pump attendants house including wiring and fittings.
m. Construction of chain link fence 40m perimeter and 3.0m high concrete posts spaced at 2.5m apart with 4no struds and supply and installation of a 3.0m wide gate.
2. The location of the proposed project is in Kizingitini Island in Lamu East Sub-County about 60 km by boat from Mokowe Jetty.
3. The expected construction period is 5 Months
4. The Procuring Entity has funds for use during the financial year 2013-14. It is intended that part of the proceeds of the fund will be used to cover eligible payments under the contract for the Construction of Kizingitini Water Supply Project.
5. Tendering will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding procedures specified in the Public Procurement and Disposal Act, 2005 and the Public Procurement and Disposal Regulations, 2006 and is open to all Tenderers as defined in the Regulations.
6. Interested eligible Tenderers may obtain further information from
Chief Executive Officer
Coast Water Services Board
Mikindani Street (Off-Nkrumah Road)
P.O. BOX 90417 – 80100
and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below from 0800 hours to 1700 hours local time from Monday to Friday, except during lunch hour (1300 hours to 1400 hours), during weekends and public holidays.
7. A complete set of Tendering Document(s) can be purchased by interested Tenderers at the address given under and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of KShs. 1,000. Payment should either be by Cash, Banker’s Draft, or Banker’s Cheque, payable to the Cashier at the Accounts office.
8. Tenders must be delivered to the address below at or before 1200Hrs East African time on 28th January, 2014. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened physically in the presence of the Bidders representative who chose to attend in person at the address below at 1205Hrs East African time on 28th January, 2014
9. All Tenders shall be valid for 90 days i.e. up to 14th April, 2014 and shall be accompanied by Tender Security of Kshs. 400,000 (Four Hundred Thousand) in the form of bank guarantee and shall remain valid for a further 28 days beyond the Tender Validity period (i.e. 11th May, 2014)
10.The address referred to above is:
Chief Executive Officer
Coast Water Service Board.
P.O B0X90417-80100 MOMBASA.