COAST WATER SERVICES BOARD Tender:Supply and Delivery of 10 units of Portable Steel Tanks,Closing Date:16/12/2013
COAST WATER SERVICES BOARD
Project: WATER AND SANITATION SERVICE IMPROVEMENT PROJECT-ADDITIONAL
Credit No.: IDA 51030-KE
Invitation for Bids (IFB)
IFB TITLE: SUPPLY AND DELIVERY OF 6,000 LITRES PORTABLE STEEL TANKS, 5,000 LITRES COLLAPSIBLE TANKS AND DE-WATERING PUMP UNITS
REF. No. 11
IFB No. CWSB/AF-WaSSIP/GDR/10/2012
1. This invitation for bids follows the General Procurement Notice for this project that appeared online in UN Development Business, issue No. 819 of 26th March, 2012.
2. The Government of Kenya has received financing from the International Development Association (IDA) toward the cost of Water and Sanitation Service Improvement Project-Additional Financing (WaSSIP-AF) and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under the Contract for Supply and Delivery of 10,000 litres plastic water tanks. The Coast Water Services Board a state corporation in the Ministry of Environment, Water and natural Resources (MEW&NR), now Invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for Supply and Delivery of plastic water tanks in lots as detailed below:
• Lot 1: Supply and Delivery of 10 units of Portable Steel Tanks to Baricho Water Plant, 120Km from Mombasa City;
• Lot 2: Supply and Delivery of 44 units of Collapsible tanks to CWSB Head Offices within Mombasa City
• Lot 3: Supply and Delivery of 10 units of De-watering pumps to CWSB Head Offices in Mombasa
3. Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures as specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement of Goods under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers for Procurement of Goods, Works and Non-Consulting Services issued in January, 2011 and updated in March 2013 (“Procurement Guidelines”), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Guidelines. In addition, please refer to paragraphs 1.6 and 1.7 setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from:
Chief Executive Officer
Coast Water Services Board
Mikindani Street, off Nkrumah Road
and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below from 0800 hours to 1630 hours local time from Monday to Friday, except during lunch hour (1230 hours to 1400 hours), during weekends and public holidays.
5. A complete set of Bidding Documents in English may be purchased by interested eligible bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee Kshs. 1,000.00 per set (or equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency). The method of payment will be cash or bankers cheque from a reputable bank in Kenya. The Bidding Documents will be collected from the address below upon production of a purchase receipt.
6. Bids must be delivered to the address below at or before 1200 hours local time on 16th December 2013. Electronic bidding shall not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened publicly in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in person at the address below at 1205 hours local time on 16th December 2013.
7. All bids shall be accompanied by a Bid Security (in form of a bank guarantee) per lot as follows: Lot 1 – Kshs. 96,000.00 (Kenya Shillings Ninety Six Thousand Only) and Lot 2 – Kshs. 24,000.00 (Kenya Shillings Twenty Four Thousand only) and Lot 3 Kshs. 75,500.00 (Kenya Shillings Seventy Five Thousand Five Hundred only), or equivalent amount in freely convertible currency.
8. The address referred to above is:
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
COAST WATER SERVICES BOARD
Mikindani Street, Off Nkrumah Road