COAST WATER SERVICES BOARD Tender:EOI for Consultancy Services for Designs, Detailed Designs, Tender Document Preparation and Works Supervision for Kizingo Waste Water Treatment Plant (WWTP),Closing Date: 30/8/2013
COAST WATER SERVICES BOARD
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST(Consulting Services – Firms Selection)
Project: Water and Sanitation Service Improvement Project -Additional Financing (WaSSIP – AF)
Credit No.: 51030- KE
Title: Preliminary Designs, Detailed Designs, Tender Document Preparation and Works Supervision for Kizingo Waste Water
Treatment Plant (WWTP).
Ref. No.: 19
Contract No: CWSB/WaSSIP-AF/C/19/2012
1. The Government of Kenya has received financing from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the cost of the Water and Sanitation Service Improvement Project – Additional Financing (WaSSIP – AF), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
2. The consulting services (“Services”) include:-
• Task 1: Carry out desk study and assessment of existing plant;
• Task 2: Carry out preliminary designs of the different sewage treatment options;
• Task 3: Carry out detailed designs including drawings and preparation of tender documents for the selected sewage treatment option; and
• Task 4: Assisting the Client during procurement of works contractor.
• Task: Supervision services for the selected rehabilitation/improvement works.
3. The Coast Water Services Board (CWSB), a state corporation under the Ministry of Environment, Water and Natural Resources (MEW&NR), now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The short listing criteria are:
1. Experience in similar assignments, i.e., preliminary designs and detailed designs, tender documentation and works supervision of waste water projects of equivalent scope.
2. Experience in similar conditions and,
3. Availability of appropriate skills among key staff
4. The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
5. Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
6. A consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
7. Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours, i.e., 0800 to 1630 hours excluding lunch time 1230-1400 hours local time and public holidays.
8. Expressions of interest should be clearly marked with the following statements “Expression of Interest for Consultancy Services for Designs, Detailed Designs, Tender Document Preparation and Works Supervision for Kizingo Waste Water Treatment Plant (WWTP)” and must be delivered in written form to the address below (in person, or by email) by 30th August, 2013 at 1200 hours local time.
Chief Executive Officer,
Coast Water Services Board,
Mikindani Street, off Nkrumah Road,