HIGHER EDUCATION LOANS BOARD Tender: ARCHITECTURAL CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR THE PROPOSED INTERIOR FIT – OUT OF 19TH FLOOR SOUTH WING, 18TH FLOOR NORTH WING OFFICES & REDESIGN & REFURBISHMENT 0F 13TH FLOOR SOUTH WING RECEPTION AREA Closing Date: 31/08/12
HIGHER EDUCATION LOANS BOARD
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
TENDER REF: HELB/EOI/03/2012/2013
Provision of architectural Consultancy Services for the proposed interior fit – out of 19th floor South wing, 18th floor north wing offices and redesign and refurbishment 0f 13th floor south wing reception area
HELB is a state corporation whose mandate is to source for funds and provide loans, scholarships and bursaries to Kenyans studying in recognized institutions of higher learning.
HELB seeks to re-design and renovate its offices on 19th floor, South Wing, 18th floor North Wing into open plan systems and also redesign ad refurbish the Customer services area at 13th floor offices and install a queuing system at the aforementioned Reception Area. The board therefore intends to engage an architect to redesign j and advice on layout and accommodation arrangement for the space.
Brief description of the assignment
The architect will be required but not limited to:
1. Preparation of scheme designs and detailed drawings for the interior spaces.
2. Preparation of bill of dqualithtitnes for issuance to contractors
3. Preparation of electrical drawing and networking which corresponds to newly designed spaces.
The higher Education Loans Board therefore invites interested eligible architectural consulting firms with relevant experience to submit their Expression of interest for the provision of the consultancy services that will enable HELB devaluate their experience and capability to undertake the assignments.
Interested eligible firms must meet the following minimum criteria, which should include (but not limited to) the following:
1) Submission of comprehensive company background / profile
2) Submission of certificate of incorporation/ registration
3) Submission of valid single business permit
4) Demonstration of having successful completed at least three (3) assignment of similar nature as a lead consultant individually or as part of a consortium, together with their values, clients names and addresses
5) Submission of the proposed technical staff including CVs and certifications as evidence of technical capability to undertake the assignments (Attach copies of academic / professional certificates).
6) Must possess valid tax compliance certificate
7) Proof of financial capability to undertake the assignment by submitting audited accounts for the last 3 years.
8) Submission of copy of Professional indemnity cover
9) Submission of letters from respective bankers as proof of financial capability to undertake the assignment.
The Expression of interest shall be enclosed in a plain sealed envelope clearly marked “Expression of interest HEL/EOI/03/2012/2013 – Provision of Architectural consultancy services and deposited in the Tender Box at Anniversary Towers, 19th floor, University way, or sent by post to:
The Board Secretary / CEO
Higher Education Loans Board
P. O. Box 69489 – 00400
So as to reach not later than Friday 31st August 2012 at 11. 00 am. The EOIs submitted latter than the indicated closing date and time shall be automatically disqualified. Opening of the submitted Expressions of interest will take place immediately on the same date in the main boardroom on 19th floor, Anniversary Towers at 11. 15 am.
Only short listed firms who meet the requirements stated above shall be invites to submit their proposals.
BOARD SECRETARY /CEO
HIGHER EDUCATION LOANS BOARD