HOUSING FINANCE Tender:Prequalification of Consultants for KBS Ltd, Closing Date:15/11/2013
PREQUALIFICATION OF CONSULTANTS
Kenya Building Society Limited (KBS) is a fully owned subsidiary and real estate development arm of Housing Finance (HF). The company has embarked on an aggressive strategy aimed at addressing the acute supply of affordable housing in Kenya and the wider African region. The Company is looking to open up new real estate development frontiers, locally & regionally, across various customer segments with part emphasis on alternative building technology so as to ensure continuous delivery of quality, affordable environmentally sensitive and customer specific real estate.
As part of this effort, Kenya Building Society Limited would like to embark on comprehensive housing developments in Komarock and other areas. KBS invites eligible and interested applications for consultants/ consortia to submit Expressions of Interest in the provision of the following listed services. Applicants should send their applications under a consortium to be led by an architectural firm as the lead consultants and Including:
• Architectural firm
• Quantity surveyor(s)
• Structural engineer(s)
• Services engineers(s)
• Any other service providers or consultants requisite in planning and conceptualizing real estate projects.
All consortia members must demonstrate the following;
1. Must have successfully managed at least two residential construction projects with a total of not less than 100 units per project within the last 5 years. The units developed must have targeted affordable housing selling below Kshs. 8 Million per unit.
2. Must demonstrate having successfully managed at least 3 large scale projects concurrently in the last five years. At least 1 of these should have been Kshs. 500 Million as one project/ phase
3. Each firm in the consortium must have at least two active partners directly dealing in management of projects and must demonstrate that their physical office is well equipped and staffed.
4. Each of the consortium members must be able to provide a professional indemnity cover for at least Kshs. 20 Million from a reputable Insurance Company and/or bank.
5. Each of the Consortium members’ lead partners must have been registered with respective professional bodies for a minimum of 5 years. Current practicing certificates for respective consultants to be submitted .
6. Experience in development of retail and commercial centres will be an added advantage.
7. Professionals with experience in designs and processes of Alternative Building Technology will have an added advantage.
Prequalification documents in plain sealed envelopes clearly marked “Prequalification of Consultants for KBS Ltd.” should be addressed to:
Kenya Building Society Limited
P.o Box 30088-00100
Deposit at the Reception,
Mezzanine Floor, Rehani House
Kenyatta Avenue/Koinange Street,
All documents must be received on or before 15th November 2013 at 2.00 pm.