Huawei Mobile Kenya on Wednesday 24th January launched Mate 10 Pro in the Kenyan market in partnership with Safaricom. With its impeccable design, smart functionality, long lasting battery power, and new leica dual camera, the HUAWEI Mate 10 Pro will be available for Kshs 89,999 with free Huawei B3 talk band that retails at Kshs 18,000 on limited order in all Safaricom outlets across the market.
Huawei Mate 10 Pro is the first device with built in AI as it has Kirin 970 chipset that delivers up to 25 times performance with 50 times greater efficiency.
Speaking of the new phone in the market, Huawei Mobile Kenya Country Director Derek Duh said, “One of the most advanced benefits of the HUAWEI Mate 10 Pro is that it is an intelligent phone that continuously learns about its user’s phone behaviour in order to more accurately predict future usage patterns. This is the much enhanced world of IoT that the HUAWEI Mate 10 Pro introduces to its user.”
“We have experienced unprecedented growth worldwide and are now bringing our award-winning products to the Kenyan market. Huawei is striving to push boundaries in the smartphone industry with the aim of improving user experience through advanced technology. Our newest consumer solution, the HUAWEI Mate 10 Pro, is the smartphone that Kenya consumers need and deserve.” He added
“HUAWEI is extending the NPU processing capabilities of the phone to the entire value chain, opening its mobile AI computing platform for developers and partners, enabling them to leverage Kirin 970’s NPU to create new experiences and build the future of mobile AI computing applications. The 5G future is near, and HUAWEI’s new super phone is taking us a step closer to what it will offer.” He concluded
“We are honoured to partner with Huawei as they launch the HUAWEI Mate 10 Pro in the market. Huawei is constantly pushing boundaries and bringing cutting-edge technology to its customers. This occasion also gives us the opportunity to position Safaricom as the home of the latest smartphones.” said Elizabeth Wasunna, Head of Safaricom Retail Channel.
Key features of the HUAWEI Mate 10 Pro include:
- A powerful, faster and more personalized mobile experience, with the ability to reach gigabit LTE sp
- New Leica Dual Camera with SUMMILUX-H lenses, with both featuring an aperture of f/1.6, and intelligent photography including AI-powered Real-Time Scene and Object Recognition and AI-powered Bokeh Effect
- slim, yet large 4000 mAh battery with AI-powered Battery Management to power you through music playback, video playback, browsing and calling
6.0-inch QHD+OLED HUAWEI FullView Display enabling you to see more and do more on a clean, continuous screen
- Kirin 970, AI-enhanced computing architecture with a dedicated Neural Network Processing Unit (NPU)
- World’s first end-to-end fast charge safety certification by TÜV Rheinland, a renowned industry leader for over 100 years
- All-new EMUI 8.0 based on Android™ 8.0