ICT AUTHORITY,NATIONAL SAFETY AND TRANSPORT AUTHORITY Tender:Supply,Installation and Commissioning Transport Integrated Management System for the National Transport and Safety Authority, Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure,Closing Date:29/10/2013
NATIONAL SAFETY AND TRANSPORT AUTHORITY
Invitation for Bids (IFB)
Issuing date of the IFB : 13th September 2013
Name of Country: Kenya
Name of Project: Kenya Transparency & Communications Infrastructure Project (KTCIP)
Loan I Credit Number: 4284-KE
IFB Title: Supply, Installation and Commissioning Transport Integrated Management System for the National Transport and Safety Authority, Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure.
IFB Number: KICTB/KTCIP/ICB/23/2013-2014
1.This Invitation for Bids (IFB) follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this project that appeared in UNDB online on 2nd November 2007.
2.The Government of Kenya has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of Kenya Transparency & Communications Infrastructure Project (KTCIP). KTCIP will be executed by the Information Communication Technology Authority under the Ministry of Information and Communications. The ICT Authority therefore intends to apply part of the proceeds to payments under the agreement(s) resulting from this IFB: Supply, Installation and Commissioning Transport Integrated Management System for the National Transport and safety Authority, Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure. IFB No: KICTB/KTCIP/ICB/23/2013-2014. The complete works have been divided in 3 Lots. The Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure is the recipient for the proposed project.
The ICT Authority serves as the implementing agency for the project and now invites sealed bids from eligible Bidders for: Supply, Installation and Commissioning Transport Integrated Management System for the National safety and Transport Authority, Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure.
LOT 1: Upgrade and Configuration of Servers at the Government Data Centre to host the Transport
Integrated Management System
Item 1: Upgrade / Configuration of IBM P5 Server
Item 2: Upgrade / Configuration of LAN
Item 3: Upgrade / Configuration of Storage
LOT 2: Supply, Installation and configuration of Software; Transport Integrated Management System
Item 1: Vehicle Registration Module
Item 2: Driver Testing and Licensing Module
Item 3: Motor Vehicle Inspection and Testing Module
Item 4: TLB / PSV Management Module
Item 5: Enforcement Module
Item 6: Reporting and Business Intelligence Module
Item 7: Citizen self Service Portal
Item 8: Training of End Users
Item 9: Data cleansing and Migration
Item 10: System Integration to 3rd Party Systems
Item 11:3 years Support and Maintenance of the System
Item 12: 3 Years Managed Services for the Administration and management of the system
LOT 3: Supply, Installation, Configuration Workstation Kits
Item 1: Supply of Fifty (50) Workstation Kits for Vehicle Registration Department
Item 2: Supply of Fifty (50) Workstation Kits for Driver Testing and Licensing Department
Item 3: Supply of Fifty (50) Workstation Kits for Motor Vehicle Testing and Inspection Department
Item 4: Supply of Fifty (50) Workstation Kits for TLB / PSV Department
Item 5: Supply of 500 Enforcement Mobile Devices (application)
Item 6: Training on maintenance and servicing of workstations
Item 7: 3 years maintenance and service of goods and Services
Bidders can bid for one or more than one LOT. Bidders must bid for all items in a LOT. Bids will be evaluated, and contracts awarded on a LOT by LOT basis. Bids quoting for incomplete items (i.e. any missing item and/or missing required quantities) in a LOT shall be considered non-responsive.
3. Bidding will be conducted using the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits, edition of IDA Credits: May 2004 (revised October, 2006), and is open to all Bidders eligible as defined in these Guidelines, that meet the following minimum qualification criteria:
Financial and Technical Capability
i. Submission of evidence/documentation of at least 3 similar contracts undertaken by the Bidder in the past 5 years, each with a value as follows;
Lot 1-KES 262M
Lot 2 – KES 457M
Lot 3 – KES 98M
or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency for each Lot. In order to be acceptable, these 3 similar contracts should have incorporated supply, installation, configuration, commissioning and maintenance of ICT systems as well as user training on the IT, networking, and Content management aspects.
il. Submission of audited balance sheets or, if not required by law of the Applicant’s country, other financial statements acceptable to the Purchaser, for the last two years to demonstrate an annual revenue of at least Kenya Shillings 170 million or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency for each LOT.
5. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from ICT Authority and inspect the bidding documents at the address given below from 9.00 a.m. – 1.00 p.m. and 2.00 p.m.- 4.00 p.m. every day excluding weekends and public holidays. A pre-bid meeting which potential bidders may attend will be held on 8th October 2013 at 10.00am East African Time at the ICT Authority offices, 12th Floor -Boardroom Teleposta Towers, Kenyatta Avenue Entrance, Nairobi.
6. A complete set of bidding documents in English may be obtained from the ICT Authority Office at 12th Floor, Teleposta Towers, between 9.00 a.m. 1.00 p.m. and 2.00 p.m. – 4.00 p.m. Upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of Kenya Shillings (KES) 5,000/= or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency. The method of payment will be in cash or banker’s cheque payable to the, ICT Authority .
7. Bids must be delivered to the address below at or before Tuesday, 29th October 2013 at 10.00 East African Time. Bids need to be secured by a bid security. The amount of Bid Security required is Kenya Shillings One Million per LOT. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the address below at 10.00 a.m. East African Time on October 29th 2013 at the ICT Authority offices, (Main Boardroom) 12th Floor Teleposta Towers, Kenyatta Avenue Entrance, Nairobi.
8. The attention of prospective Bidders is drawn to (i) the fact that they will be required to certify in their bids that all software is either covered by a valid license or was produced by the Bidder and (ii) that violations are considered fraud, which can result in ineligibility to be awarded World Bank-financed contracts.
9. Bids should be submitted in a plain sealed envelope clearly marked:
DIRECTOR, INFRASTRUCTURE & PROJECTS
KENYA TRANSPARENCY & COMMUNICATIONS INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECT (KTCIP)
12 FLOOR Teleposta Towers- Kenyatta Avenue
P.O. BOX 27150 – 00100, NAIROBI,KENYA
BID NO: IFB No: KICTB/KTCIP/ICB/23/2013-2014. Supply, Installation and Commissioning Transport Integrated Management System for the National safety and Transport Authority, Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure.
and placed in the Tender Box situated at ICT Authority entrance, 12th floor Teleposta Towers or mailed so as to reach the above address on or before October 29th 2013, at 10.00am East African Time.