Competition Quick Facts
- Purpose: Re-branding
- Item: Kenya Engineer Magazine
- Nature: Individual/Team/Company
- Submission: 1st July 2014
- Submission Format: PNG/JPG
- Notification: 10th July 2014
- Selection process: Juried
- At interview: Up to 5 accepted design competition submissions will be invited at the interview one of this will be chosen as the New logo and it’s designers contracted to lead the rebranding exercise.
- Award: Rebranding contract
Intercontinental Publishers Limited(IPL), the publishers of Kenya Engineer Magazine, have planned a major re-branding exercise for the magazine. IPL invites graphics designers to participate in a Logo design competition that will give the magazine it’s new look. Kenya Engineer magazine is the definitive publication of Engineers in East Africa and Beyond. The objective of re-branding is not only to appeal to the entire Engineering Industry but also to capture the attention of the general population. Participation is open to individuals(including students and practicing graphics designers), Teams and or companies. The winner of the competition will be contracted to guide the entire re-branding exercise at a negotiated fee.
With information within your reach from this document(such as the brief above) and other sources online, design a logo for ‘The Kenya Engineer magazine’. The magazine tag line is ‘The definitive publication of engineers in East Africa and Beyond’. The logo must be representative and appeal to engineers across all the engineering disciplines and it must also capture the attention of the general population.
Kenya Engineer reports on latest engineering news as well as publishing technical and opinion articles on a bimonthly basis. The magazine publishes details of planned, ongoing and completed engineering projects in Kenya and East Africa at large. Timely updates of the same are given on the Kenya Engineer Website. Kenya Engineer is the voice of engineers in the region. We would like this captured in the most simple yet very creative way in the logo.
Previous copies of the magazine can be accessed via the website www.kenyaengineer.co.ke
The Competition Structure
The competition follows a three-round process. The first two round focuses on communicating the individuals’ or teams’ ideas through a different modes while the last round will involve implementation of the re-branding exercise.
- Individuals, Teams or companies will submit sample logo designs in PNG or JPG formats via the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 1st of July 2014. A maximum of two logo samples will be accepted per entry. For each of the logo samples submitted, a sample magazine cover should be submitted showing how the logo would appear on the cover.
- 5 best entrants/participants will be notified on or before the 10th of July 2014 and invited for an interview in a week’s time to further discuss their designs and possible terms of engagements.
- The eventual winners from the two processes above will agree with IPL on implementation timelines of the entire rebranding exercise.
Each entry will be reviewed by IPL’s internal design department, IPL’s Editorial team and IPL’s Sales & Marketing team. The preferred design will therefore be one that impresses a panel drawn from all these three departments.
Individuals, Teams or Companies with the winning entry will be contracted to implement the re-branding exercise for the Kenya Engineer Magazine. Other top entrants stand a chance of working with us in implementation of our other upcoming projects.