MINISTRY OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT Tender: CONSTRUCTION OF LIVESTOCK MARKET WITHIN THE MUNICIPALITY OF GARISSA Closing Date: 6th September 2012
MINISTRY OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT
NAME OF PROJECT: MUNICIPAL PROGRAM (KMP)
CREDIT NO: 4714 0 KE
SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE
PROPOSED CONSTRUCTION OF LIVESTOCK MARKET WITHIN THE MUNICIPALITY OF GARISSA
CONTRACT NO. MOLG/KMP/COMP3/GARISSA – / LSM -01/2012/2013
1. This Invitation for bids follows the General Procurement Notice for this Program that appeared in Development Business on 30th August 2012.
2. The Government of Kenya has received a credit from the International Development Association towards the cost of Kenya Municipal Program (KMP) and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under CONSTRUCTION OF LIVESTOCK MARKET for Municipal Council of Garissa Contract No. MOLG/KMP/COMP3/GARISSA-LSM-01/2012/13.
The works shall comprise of proposed construction of livestock market in the municipality of Garissa. The works shall include but not limited to construction of three No. Resting sheds, fence, gates houses, water troughs, electrical, mechanical works, solid waste receptacles, Two No. ablution Block, a market office, store, pedestrian walkways, drainage works, road works, and driveway.
3. The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Local Government, now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for construction of the above works.
4. The contract period is 12 months.
5. Bidding will b conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures specified in the Worlds Banks Guidelines. Procurement under IDA Credits, published by the and in May 2004 and revised in October 2006 and may 2010, and is open to all bidders form eligible Source Countries as defined in the Bidding documents.
6. Interested firms may seek clarification in writing, and the same to be received, at least fourteen working days (Monday to Fridays) form the date of closing the bids, to the following address:-
The Director, Urban Development Department
Ministry of Local Government
10th Floor, Cianda Hose Koinange Street
P. O. Box 3004 – 00100
Tel: 020 2217475 Ext 31267
7. A complete set of bidding document in English language can be obtained by interested bidders form the Supply Chain Management Office, Jogoo House, A 2nd floor Room 257 upon payment of the non-refundable fee of five thousand Kenya shillings 9Kshs. 5, 000) or equivalent in freely convertible currency. The method of payment will be cash or bankers cheque. The bidding documents will be collected from the Supply Chain Management Office Jogoo House a room No. 257 upon production of a purchase receipt.
8. The packages should be clearly marked contract No. MOLG/KMP/COMP3/GARISSA – LSM-01/2012/13 Proposed Construction of livestock market within the Municipality of Garissa and addressed to:-
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Local Government
JOGOO House A
P. O. Box 30004 – 00100
NAIROBI – KENYA
9. Bulky documents that can not fit in the Tender Box can be delivered to the Confidential l Registry situated at Jogoo House A 1st floor Rom No. 130 and clearly indicated in the envelope, Do not open before 6th September 2012 at 1200 hours East African time.
10. Bids will be opened n the presence of the bidder representatives who choose to attend kin person at Jogoo House A (Taifa Road) First floor Conference Room No. 125, NAIROBI, Kenya at 12000 hours East African time on 6th September 2012.
11. All bids shall be accompanied by a Bid Security of Kshs. 1, 000, 00 (or equivalent amount in freely convertible currency).
12. Electronic bidding shall not be permitted.
13. Late bids will be rejected and returned unopened.
HEAD, SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
FOR: PERMANENT SECRETARY