UGANDA ELECTRICITY TRANSMISSION COMPANY LTD Tender: PROJECT MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISION OF MUTUNDWE – ENTEBBE 132KV (35KV (35KM) POWER TRANSMISSION LINE, & RELATED SUBSTATION WORK Closing Date: 3rd October 2012
UGANDA ELECTRICITY TRANSMISSION COMPANY LIMITED
BID NOTICE INVITATION TO BIDS (IFB)
TENDER FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR DESIGN AND PREPARATION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS, PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISION OF MUTUNDWE – ENTEBBE 132KV (35KV (35KM) POWER TRANSMISSION LINE, AND RELATED SUBSTATION WORKS
PROCUREMENT REFERENCE NUMBER: UETCL/SRVCS/2012/00026
The Government of Uganda has received form Frankfurt am main (KfW) and through the implementing agency Uganda Electricity transmission Company Limited (UETCL), the Procuring and Disposing Entity, and intends to allocate part of the funds towards the services referenced above.
1. UETCL now invites sealed bids form eligible bidders for services referenced above.
2. Bidding will be conducted in accordance with the Open International Bidding procedures contained in the Government of Uganda’s Public Procurement & Disposal of Public Assets Act 2003 and are open to all bidders form eligible source countries.
3. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information form UECL and inspect the biding documents at the address below at 6(A) f from 0900 hours to 1600 hours Monday to Friday.
4. A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application on their company latter head to the address below at 6(a) and upon payment of a non refundable fee of UGX 100, 000 or USD 50 only. The method of payment will be either cash of bank draft (in the names of Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited), at EUTCL Finance Department on Second Floor Plot 10 Hannington Road – Opposite Serena Hotel Staff Gate. Personal cheques are not acceptable. The documents are to be collected from the address below at 6(a).
5. Bids must be delivered to the address below at 6(A) at or before 1100 hours on to Wednesday 03rd October 2012. The bids must be accompanied by a Bid security of USD 6, 000. Late bids shall be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of bidders representatives who choose to attend at eh address below at 6(b) at 11. 15 am on Wednesday 03rd October 2012. Bids should be valid for a period of 120 working days from
a) Solicitation documents may be inspected and will be issued at:
Uganda Electricity Transmission Company
Plot 10 Hannington Road – Opposite Serena Hotel
Procurement office – Ground floor
Tel: + 256 414 233433/4
Fax: +256 414 341789
b) A pre bid meeting will held at UETCL offices on Thursday 23rd August 2012 beginning at 10.30 am.
Bids should be submitted in person to the same address above. A receipt will be issued for bids received before the deadline.
c) Address for Bid opening:
Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited
Plot 10 Hannington Road – Opposite Serrena Hotel
Ground floor, UETCL Common Room
6. The planned procurement schedule, subject to changes is as follows:-
a publish bid notice 6th 07th & 09th August 2012
b pre-bid meeting 23rd August 2012
c bid closing date 3rd October 2012
d evaluation process 4th to 23rd October 2012
e display & communication of best evaluated bidder notication after no objection from the funding agency
f contracts award & signature after solicitor general board approval
UETCL is not bound to accept the lowest bid or any bid.