Installation of Water Tanks, Construction of Tank-Base and Guttering for Rainwater Harvesting
Type : Tender ( IFB )
Category : Engineering & Construction , Water drilling
Ref No : ATHI WATER SERVICES BOARD
By : ATHI WATER SERVICES BOARD
Closing : Thu, Dec 18, 2014 12:00
Eligibility : Kenya
ATHI WATER SERVICES BOARD
INVITATION FOR BIDS
Project Name: Water and Sanitation Service improvement Project Additional
Financing (WaSSlP AF)
Credit No.: IDA5103KE Contract Title: Installation of Water Tanks, Construction of Tank-Base and Guttering for Rainwater Harvesting in AWSB Area
Reference No.: 21 (As per Procurement Plan)
Contract No.: AWSB/WASSIP AF / Comp.l/W-21/2014
The Government of the Republic of Kenya has received a credit from the International Development Association toward the cost of the Water and Sanitation Service improvement Project Additional Financing (WaSSlP AF), and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Installation of Water Tanks, Construction of Tank-Base and Guttering for Rainwater Harvesting in AWSB Area
The Athi Water Services Board, a State Corporation under the Ministry of Environment, Water & Natural Resources, now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the construction of rainwater harvesting systems in Athi Water Services Board areas comprising of (“the Works”):
Installation of gutters in 130 schools, and;
Construction of 20 concrete tank bases for plastic tanks. The construction period for the works is 6 months.
3. Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures as specified in the World Bank Guidelines: Procurement of Goods, Works and Non-Consulting Services under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, dated January 2011 (“Procurement Guidelines”), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Guidelines. In addition, please refer to paragraphs 1.6 and 1.7 of the Procurement Guidelines, setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Athi Water Services Board, Chief Executive Officer, email@example.com and inspect the bidding documents during office hours from 0800 hours to 1700 hours local time from Monday to Friday, except during lunch hour (1300 hours to 1400 hours), during weekends and public holidays at the address given below.
5. A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested eligible bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of KSh. 1,000 (Kenya Shillings One Thousand) or in a convertible currency. The method of payment will be cash or banker’s cheque. The document will be collected from the below address.
6. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 12.00 East African Time on 18th December 2014. The packages should be clearly marked “Installation of Water Tanks, Construction of Tank-Base and Guttering for Rainwater Harvesting in AWSB Area, Contract No. AWSB/WASSIP-AF/C0MP.1/W-21/2014”. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who choose to attend at the address below on 18th December 2014 at 12.05 East African Time.
7. All bids must be accompanied by an unconditional bank Bid Security of KSh. 320,000.00 (Kenya Shillings Three Hundred Twenty Thousand) or equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency.
The address referred to above is:
Attention: The Chief Executive Officer, Athi Water Services Board
Street Address: Africa-Re Centre, Hospital Road Upper Hill
Floor/Room number: 3rd Floor, Reception Desk
Telephone: +254 20 2724292/3
Facsimile number: +254 20 2724295
Electronic mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org