COAST WATER SERVICE BOARD,Tender:Rehabilitation / Extension of Mombasa Water Supply Works ,Closing Date:16/07/2017
COAST WATER SERVICE BOARD
Project: Water and Sanitation Service improvement Project-Additional Financing (WaSSlP-AF)
Invitation for Bids (IFB)
IFB Title: Rehabilitation / Extension of Mombasa Water Supply Works – Lot 2/1
Ref No: 12
IFB N°: CWSB/WaSSIP-AF/W/12/2012
1. This invitation for bids follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this project that appeared online in UN Development Business; issue Nr. 819 of 26th March, 2012.
2. The Government of Kenya has received credit from the International Development Association (IDA) toward the cost of Water and Sanitation Service Improvement Project-Additional Financing (WaSSIP-AF) and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under the Contract for Rehabilitation / Extension of Mombasa Water Supply Works – Lot 2/1: Contract No. CWSB/WaSSIP-AF/W/12/2012. Bidding will be governed by the World Bank’s eligibility rules and procedures.
3. The Coast Water Services Board, a state corporation in the Ministry of Environment, Water and Natural Resources (MEW&NR), now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for Rehabilitation / Extension of Mombasa Water Supply Works – Lot 2/1. The principal components of the works are as follows:
(i) Laying of Pipelines – approximately 42 km of pipelines, size ranging from 1200mm dia. to 90mm dia comprising of the following:
0.8km of 300mm dia. ferrous pipes
5.4km of 150mm dia. ferrous pipes
1.9km of 400mm dia. ferrous pipes
3.2km of 1000/1200mm dia. ferrous pipes
10.9km of 200mm dia. uPVC Pipelines
8.3km of 90mm/160mm dia. uPVC
1.6km of 100mm dia. uPVC Pipes/Ferrous Pipes
1.54km of 200mm dia ferrous pipes
4.1km of 350mm dia ferrous pipes
0.62km of 250mm dia ferrous pipes
4.0km of 600mm dia ferrous pipes
(ii)Supply and installation of Battery operated electromagnetic Bulk Water Zonal Meters – UNr. Meters, sizes ranging from 800mm dia. to 50mm dia.
(iii)Supply and installation of Pipeline Fittings including Gate Valves, Air Valves, Fire Hydrants, etc.
(iv)Ancillary Works including Construction of Valves and Meter Chambers, Construction of 15Nr. Water Kiosks, etc.
(v) Rehabilitation of Existing Storage Tanks at Changamwe (6 Nr. Tanks), Total Capacity 29,700 m3.
(vi)Construction of Water Kiosks, 10 Nr.
4. Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures specified
in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits revised in January 2011, and is open to all bidders from Eligible Source Countries as defined in the Guidelines.
5. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from:
The Chief Executive Officer
Coast Water Services Board
Mikindani Street, Off Nkrumah Road
P.O. Box 90417-80100
and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below from 0800 hours to 1630 hours local time from Monday to Friday, except during lunch hour (I230hours to 1400 hours), during weekends and public holidays.
6. A complete set of Bidding Documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee Kshs. 1,000.00 per set (or equivalent amount in freely convertible currency). The method of payment will be cash or bankers cheque from a reputable bank in Kenya. The Bidding Documents will be collected from the address below upon production of a purchase receipt.
7. Bids must be delivered to the address below at or before 1200 Hours local time on 16th July, 2014. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in person at the address below at 1205 hours local time on 16th July, 2014.
8. All bids shall be accompanied by a Bid Security in form of a bank guarantee of Kshs. 5,000,000 (Kenya shillings Five Million only) or equivalent amount in freely convertible currency.
9. The address referred to above is:
Chief Executive Officer Coast
Water Services Board
Mikindani Street, off Nkrumah Road
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER COAST WATER SERVICES BOARD
COAST WATER SERVICE BOARD