COAST WATER SERVICES BOARD ,Tender:Construction of eighteen (18) Water Kiosks,Closing Date:29/5/2014
COAST WATER SERVICES BOARD
Project:WATER AND SANITATION SERVICE IMPROVEMENT PROJECT-ADDITIONAL FINANCING (WASSIP-AF)
Credit No.: IDA 51030-KE
IFB Title & No.: Extension of water and sanitation Services to informal Settlements in Mombasa Lot 1:-
Ziwa La Ng’ombe and V.O. K
Contract No. CWSB/ WS/WaSSlP-AF/21/2012
The Government of Kenya has received a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the cost of Water and Sanitation Service Improvement Project-Additional Financing (WaSSIP-AF) and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under the Contract for Extension of Water and Sanitation Services to Ziwa La Ng’ombe and v.o.K – Contract No. CWSB/ WS/WaSSlP-AF/21/2012.
The Coast Water Services Board, a parastatal under the Ministry of Water and Irrigation, now invites sealed Bids from eligible and qualified Bidders (Contractors) to undertake the works. The Works include but are not limited to:
a) Excavation and laying of approximately 360m length steel pipeline of 250mm diameter.
b) Excavation and laying of approximately 740m length uPVC pipeline of 110mm diameter.
c) Excavation and laying of approximately 2070m length uPVC pipelines of 90mm diameter.
d) Excavation and laying of approximately 280m length HDPE pipeline of 75mm diameter.
e) Excavation and laying of approximately 1880m length uPVC pipelines of 63mm diameter.
f) Excavation and laying of approximately 1,010 m length uPVC pipelines of 50mm diameter.
g) Construction of eighteen (18) Water Kiosks.
h) Construction of valve chambers with covers.
i) Construction of fourteen (5) Ablution Blocks complete with Septic Tanks and Soak Pits,
j) Testing and commissioning of the works.
The construction period is 12 calendar months.
3. Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement of Goods, Works, and Non-Consulting Services under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants, January 2011, and is open to all Bidders from Eligible Source Countries as defined in the Bidding Documents.
4. Interested eligible Bidders (Contractors) may obtain further information from
Chief Executive Officer
Coast Water Services Board Mikindani Street (Off- Nkrumah road)
P.O. BOX 90417 – 80100
and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below from 0800 hours to 1630 hours local time from Monday to Friday, except during lunch hour (1300 hours to 1400 hours), during weekends and public holidays.
5. A complete set of Bidding Documents in English language may be purchased by interested Bidders on the submission of a written Application to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee Kshs 1,000 (Kenya Shillings One Thousand Only) or equivalent in freely convertible currency. The method of payment will be cash or bankers cheque. The Bidding Documents will be collected from the address below upon production of a purchase receipt.
6. Bids must be delivered to the address below at or before 1200 hours East Africa Time on 29th May 2014. Electronic bidding shall not be permitted. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened physically in the presence of the Bidders’ Representatives, who choose to attend in person at the address below at 1205 hours East Africa Time on 29th May 2014
7. All Bids shall be valid for 120 days, up to 26th September 2014 and shall be accompanied by a Bid Security of Kshs 1,000,000 (Kenya Shillings One Million Only) (or equivalent amount in freely convertible currency) which shall remain valid for a further 28 days beyond the bid validity period (ie up to 24thOctober 2014).
8. The address referred to above is:
Chief Executive Officer C
oast Water Services Board
Mikindani Street (Off- Nkrumah road)