Construction Supervision of Kainuk Bridge and the Approach Roads
Type : Tender ( EOI )
Category : Engineering & Construction , Roads & Sewarage Construction
Ref No : KeNHA/1032/2015
By : KENYA NATIONAL HIGHWAYS AUTHORITY.
Closing : Wed, Jul 29, 2015 11:00
Eligibility : Kenya
KENYA NATIONAL HIGHWAYS AUTHORITY.
EASTERN AFRICA REGIONAL TRANSPORT, TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT FACILITATION PROJECT (EARTTDFP), PROJECT ID: P148853
CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR CONSTRUCTION SUPERVISION OF KAINUK BRIDGE AND THE APPROACH ROADS
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
TENDER NO. KeNHA/1032/2015
The Government of the Republic of Kenya has applied for financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Eastern Africa Regional Transport, Trade and Development Facilitation Project ( EARTTDFP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for Consulting Services for the Construction Supervision of Kainuk Bridge and the Approach Roads (3 km approximately).
2. The consulting services (“the Services”) include:
a. Design review and preparations to supervise (2 months): This phase includes review of the condition of the site, review of designs and proposals for implementation of the works and review of any other aspect necessary to gain a full and complete appreciation of the project; advising the client regarding such measures and refinements as appropriate for the optimal implementation of the works contract, within the context and provisions of the contract agreement between Client and the works contractor.
b. Supervision of construction (24 months comprising 12 months construction and 12 months defects liability period): This phase includes provision of the required superintendence during both the construction phase and the defects liability period.
The works to be supervised include: construction of a reinforced concrete bridge of 80m total length comprising five spans with reinforced concrete piers and abutments founded on piles; and approximately 3km of paved approach roads.
3. The Kenya National Highways Authority, a State Corporation under the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure established under the Kenya Roads Act, 2007, now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
a) Qualifications of each firm in the field of bridge and highway design and construction supervision.
b) Technical and managerial capabilities of each firm
c) Core business of each firm
d) Experience in similar conditions (in least developed/low income countries)
e) Consultants known record of performance
4. The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 and revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
5. Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
6. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
7. Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours (Mondays to Fridays from 0800 to 1700 hours local time), excluding public holidays.
8. Expressions of interest shall be submitted in plain sealed envelopes clearly as below; “Consultancy Services for Construction Supervision of Kainuk Bridge and the approach Roads- KeNHA/l032/2015”
9. Expressions of interest may be sent by post, courier, or hand delivered so as to be received at the address below not later than 1100hours local time on 29th July, 2015
Kenya National Highways Authority
Hospital Road, Blueshield Towers, 1st Floor,
P.O. Box 49712 – 00100,
Further information may be obtained from the address below:
Attention: General Manager (Special Projects)
Street Address: Kenya National Highways Authority
Blueshield Towers, Hospital Road
Floor/Room Number: Second Floor
City: NAIROBI, KENYA
Telephone: +254 20 4954200, Fax No. 020 8042928
Email addresses: (1) firstname.lastname@example.org (2) email@example.com
FOR: DIRECTOR GENERAL