Consulting for Water Supply Master Plan for Eldoret Town and its Satellite Towns.
Type : Tender ( EOI )
Category : Engineering & Construction , Engineering Consultancy
Ref No :
By : LAKE VICTORIA NORTH WATER SERVICES BOARD
Closing : Wed, Jan 07, 2015 12:00
Eligibility : Kenya
LAKE VICTORIA NORTH WATER SERVICES BOARD
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTANCY SERVICES- FIRMS SELECTION)
Project: WATER AND SANITATION SERVICE IMPROVEMENT PROJECT
ADDITIONAL FINANCING (WaSSIP AF)
Credit No.: 5103-KE
Procurement Plan: 14 (b)
Assignment Title: CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR WATER SUPPLY MASTER PLAN FOR ELDORET AND SURROUNDING SATELLITE TOWNS
The Lake Victoria North Water Services Board (LVNWSB) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Water and Sanitation Service Improvement Project -Additional Financing (WaSSIP AF), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services for Water Supply Master Plan for Eldoret Town and its Satellite Towns.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include;
To identify potential water source(s) in Uasin Gishu County and recommend strategies for their development after consideration of hydrological, geo-technical/social / economic and environmental factors. This will include mapping of the existing sources including transmission and distribution networks. This will also include a comparison of life-time cost. When doing so attention should be paid to the possibilities of electricity production in gravity transmission mains and optimizing friction losses to save pumping costs.
To prepare demand estimates for the Region upto to the year 2040;
To prepare a water resources master plan for the preferred water source (s) based on the development strategies recommended in (i) above
To prepare investments needs both short and long term to address the gap in water supply and focus on growth.
To highlight various Environment and Social Issues that will be triggered by the Proposed Projects,
To prepare detailed hydrological, and Geo-technical study reports;
To prepare detailed feasibility study and preliminary engineering designs with cost estimates.
Develop an implementation schedule of proposed strategies of the Master Plan within a period of 25 years in stages of 5 years.
To share with the Stakeholders (LVNWSB, Uasin Gishu County and ELDOWAS) the findings of the Master Plan
The duration of the assignment is (12) months.
3. The LVNWSB now invites eligible Consulting Firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
Previous experience in similar assignments
Experience in similar conditions;
Availability of appropriate skills among staff as follows; Surface Water Hydrologist, Ground Water Hydrologist, Geologist (river geomorphology,, Geotechnical/Soils Engineer, Water Supply Engineers, Civil / Structural Engineers, Electro-Mechanical Engineer, Economist, Environment I Scientist / Manager, Sociologist etc
4. The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1 9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants} by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011) (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
5. Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications
6. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality- and Cost-Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
7. Further information can be obtained at the address below on weekdays during office hours 0800 to 1700 hours
8. Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by 07th January 2015 by 12.00 noon (East Africa Time)
9. The address referred to above is
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Lake Victoria North water Services Board
OFF KAKAMEGA/KISUMU ROAD
P. O BOX 673 – 50100
KAKAMEGA – KENYA
TEL. 056 – 2030795/2031552