COUNTY GOVERNMENT OF TURKANA,Tender:Consultancy for the Digital Topographical Mapping and the Preparation of Integrated Strategic Urban Development Plans,Closing Date:5/5/2014
COUNTY GOVERNMENT OF TURKANA
OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR DIGITAL TOPOGRPHICAL MAPPING AND PRESENTATION OF INTERGRATED STRATEGIC URBAN DEVELOPMENT PLANS FOR THE EIGHT (8) IDENTIFIED URBAN CENTERS IN TURKANA COUNTY.
1. The County Government of Turkana through the Ministry of Lands, Physical Planning & Urban Areas Management intends to apply part of its internal proceeds for Consultancy Services for the Digital Topographical Mapping and the Preparation of Integrated Strategic Urban Development Plans for the following Clusters 8 No. towns:-
i. Lokori – Lokichar – Lokichar-Lorugum Cluster: Tender No. CGT/LPU/CS/01/2013-2014
ii. Kalokol – Lokitaung – Lowoarengak Cluster: Tender No. CGT/LPU/CS/02/2013-2014
iii. Kakuma – Lokichoggio Cluster: Tender No. CGT/LPU/CS/03/2013-2014
2. The objective of the Consultancy is to prepare up to-date Digital Maps, Spatial and Integrated Strategic Urban Development Plans including the Capital Investment Plans in the above listed towns. Tasks for each Town will include:-
(i) An overall frame work for urban planning and development of towns in Turkana County
(ii) A widely accepted vision for each town growth and development.
(iii) Compiling and updating existing base map for the towns,
(iv) Conducting participatory planning exercises in the town as a key input for preparation of the plan,
(v) Producing Strategic Structure (Spatial) Plans, showing current and proposed infrastructure (e.g. transport, water, drainage, power, etc ), environmental assets, land use, densities, building form and height ,and
(vi) Based on local priorities and proposed Regional, Structure Plans, preparing financially feasible Capital Investments Plans (CIPs) for short, medium and long-term investment taking into account the budget constraints.
(vii) The assignment is expected to take a total of about twelve (12) calendar months, which means the consultancy may be required to have multiple teams working concurrently in the said urban centers.
3. The County Government of Turkana invites eligible urban planning and mapping consultants to indicate their interest (s) in providing the services. Interested consultants is required to submit application in English language with the following specific information:-
1. Name of firm(s), including joint venture partners
2. Providing the information demonstrating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignment, experience in similar consultancies, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc)
3. Registration certificate for the company.
4. Must have a tax compliance certificate.
5. Must be registered member of an accredited Planning Body. In addition,
6. Previous working experience in Turkana will be an added advantage
4. The consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the Public Procurement and Disposal Act of 2006.
5. Interested consultancies may submit complete set of their EOI accompanied with payment of non-refundable fee ksh.1, 000.00 (Kenya shillings One Thousand) only deposited in TURKANA COUNTY GOVERNMENT REVENUE A/C NO. 1140763687 KCB- LODWAR.
Proof of payment shall be either attaching a deposit slip in the account above or a bankers cheque in the sum stated above.
6. The EOI must be delivered (or submitted) to address below by 5th May, 2014 by 12.00 PM Kenyan time using one of the following modalities: (i) depositing in the Tender Box located at the County Headquarters, Lodwar, Turkana County, or(ii) Sending by Courier to the County Secretary, Turkana County P.O BOX 11, Lodwar. The packages for the Expression of Interest should be clearly marked Cluster ………………….. Tender No…………………. (Each cluster on its own) for Consultancy Services for the Mapping and Preparation of Integrated Strategic Urban Development Plans.
P.O. BOX 11-30500