Development of Commuter Rail Master Plan for the Nairobi Metropolitan Region
Type : Tender ( EOI )
Category : Engineering & Construction , Engineering Consultancy
Ref No : WB/KR/PLM/EOI/040/2015
By : KENYA RAILWAYS
Closing : Fri, Jul 31, 2015 12:00
Eligibility : Kenya
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
INTERNATIONAL TENDER NOTICE FOR:
NATIONAL URBAN TRANSPORT IMPROVEMENT PROJECT
ID NO. P12321
CREDIT NO. 5140-KE
NAME OF PROJECT:CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR DEVELOPMENT OF COMMUTER RAIL MASTER PLAN FOR THE NAIROBI METROPOLITAN REGION
PROJECT REF. NO: TENDER NO. WB/KR/PLM/040/2015
The Government of Kenya (GoK) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the National Urban Transport Improvement Project (NUTRIP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds to develop a Nairobi Metropolitan Commuter Rail Master Plan.
The Services include carrying out feasibility studies, preliminary design and development of technical specifications of railway track infrastructure, stations, fencing & other barriers, footbridges, signalling, ICT systems, fuelling depot, rolling stock and other associated facilities, and development of an implementation plan for the commuter railway lines and evaluation of Kenya Railways (KR) as well as an organisation structure and capacity requirements.
The project duration is 9 months from the date of commencement.
The Kenya Railways (KR) now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the consulting services (“the Services.”)
Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The short listing criteria are:
Company Profile of the firm which must clearly show among others things: the core business and years in business of the firm; qualifications in the field of railway planning and design; technical and managerial organization of the firm as well as the general qualifications and number of key staff. Where the EOI is submitted by a consortium, each firm in the consortium shall provide company profile including names and addresses;
The Lead Firm shall provide evidence of at least 2 (two) studies for ‘Similar Projects’ in the last 10 years, of which at least one of the studies shall have been undertaken in the last five (5) years. Details of the assignment, name and contact address of the client, value of assignment and period covered to undertake assignment shall be given.
6. The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loan and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
7. Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
8. A consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
9. Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 0800 to 1700 hours from Monday to Friday excluding lunch hour (1300 to 1400 hours) and public holidays.
10. Expressions of interest must be delivered in person or by registered mail in a written form to the address below by 31st July 2015 at 12.00 noon. The package should be clearly marked Contract No. WB/KR/PLM/EOI/040/2015 for Consultancy Services (CS) for Development of Commuter Rail Master Plan for the Nairobi Metropolitan Region to:-
The Procurement and Logistics Manager
Kenya Railways Headquarters, Block C
Workshop Road, off Haile Selassie Avenue
P. O. Box 30121 00100 NAIROBI
Tel: +254-20 – 2215211, 2215796, 0728603581, 0728603582, and 077044612/4