Feasibility Study, Preliminary and Detailed Engineering Design, Environmental and Social Impact Study and Tender Documentation.
Type : Tender ( EOI )
Category : Professional Services , Other Professional Services
Ref No : KU RA/WB/EOI/HQ/274/2014-2015
By : KENYA URBAN ROADS AUTHORITY (KURA)
Closing : Wed, Apr 22, 2015 10:00
Eligibility : Kenya
KENYA URBAN ROADS AUTHORITY (KURA)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Project Title: National Urban Transport Improvement Project (NUTRIP)
Credit No: 5140-KE Project ID: 126321
Contract Title: Consultancy Services for Feasibility Study, Preliminary and Detailed Engineering Design, Environmental and Social Impact Study and Tender Documentation.
Tender NO: KU RA/WB/EOI/HQ/274/2014-2015
This request for expressions of interest follows the General Procurement Notice for this project that appeared in the ‘UN Development Business of 3rd May, 2012.
The Government of Kenya has received a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) to meet the cost of the National Urban Transport Improvement Project (NUTRIP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds of the credit towards eligible payments under the contract for Consultancy Services.
The services will include, inter-alia: Feasibility Study, Preliminary and Detailed Engineering Design, Environmental and Social Impact Assessment Study and Tender Documentation for:-
BOMET AND KERICHO BY PASS AND LINK ROADS WITHIN BOMET TOWN IN BOMET COUNTY AND MISSING LINKS WITHIN KERICHO TOWN IN KERICHO COUNTY.
SUNEKA – KIOGORO BY PASS, KIOGORO – KEGATI BY PASS, NYAKOE -KEGATI BY PASS, SUNEKA – NYAKOE BY PASS AND MAJOR LINK ROADS WITHIN KISII TOWN IN KISII AND N YAM IRA COUNTY.
The assignment is estimated to take 18 months.
4. The Kenya Urban Roads Authority (KURA), a State Corporation under the Ministry of Roads established under the Kenya Roads Act, 2007, which shall be the Implementing Agency, now invites eligible consulting firms to indicate their interest in providing these services. Applicants must provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the consultancy services (brochures of the firm’s profile which include company organization, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions and availability of appropriate skills among staff etc.).
5. The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers published in January 2011 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
6. A consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) procedures set out in the- Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers published in January 2011.
7. Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or as a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
8. Further information may be obtained from the address below during weekdays (Mondays to Fridays from 0800 to 1700 hours local time excluding lunch hour between 1300 to 1400hours), excluding public holidays.
9. Expressions of interest in written form must be submitted in plain sealed envelopes clearly marked as below:
Consultancy Services for Feasibility Study, Preliminary and Detailed Engineering Design, Environmental and Social Impact Assessment Study and Tender Documentation of:- Bomet and Kericho By Pass and link roads within Bomet Town in Bomet County and missing links within Kericho Town in Kericho County
Suneka – Kiogoro By Pass, Kiogoro – Kegati By Pass, Nyakoe – Kegati By Pass, Suneka – Nyakoe By Pass and major link roads within Kisii Town in Kisii And Nyamira County
10. Expressions of Interest may be sent by post, courier or hand-delivered so as to be received at the address below not later than 1100 hours local time on 22nd April 2015.
Kenya Urban Roads Authority
I KM Place, 3rd Floor, 5th Ngong Avenue
1st Floor, Procurement Office
P.O. Box 41727-00100,
11. Electronic submissions of expressions of Interest are not permitted.
12. Further information may be obtained from the address below:
Attention: Project Implementation Team Leader (NUTRIP)
Street Address: Kenya Urban Roads Authority
IKM Place, 5th Ngong Avenue
Floor/Room Number: Second Floor
City: NAIROBI, KENYA
Telephone: +254 20 8013844, Fax No. 020 2722222
Email addresses: (1) email@example.com (2) firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR: Ag. DIRECTOR GENERAL