GEOTHERMAL DEVELOPMENT COMPANY LIMITED Tender:Invitation of Bids for Supply of a 5-10 MW Modular Power Plant, Closing Date: 6/1/2014
GEOTHERMAL DEVELOPMENT COMPANY LIMITED
SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE (SPN)
Invitation of Bids for Supply of a 5-10 MW Modular Power Plant
Date: 08 November 2013
Loan No: 2100150026101
IFB No: GDC/HQS/036/2013-14
1. This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this project that appeared in „ UNDB online No. AfDB 46-816/12 of February 01,2012 and on the African Development Bank Group’s Internet Website on January 27, 2012.
2. The Government of Kenya has received Financing from the African Development Bank in various currencies towards the cost of Menengai Phase I Geothermal Project. It is intended that part of the proceeds of this loan will be applied to eligible payments under the contract for Supply and installation of 5 – 10MW Modular Power Plant.
3. The Geothermal Development Company (GDC) now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the Supply and installation of 5 to 10MW Modular Power Plant. The project shall include Design, manufacture, supply and installation, commissioning and training of GDC instructors. The project location is Menengai Geothermal Field, Nakuru County, Kenya.
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding documents at the office of:
Manager, Supply Chain
Geothermal Development Company Limited
P. O. Box 100746-00101
5. A complete set of bidding documents may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the above and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of KES 5,000 or USD 60.
6. The provisions in the Instructions to Bidders and in the General Conditions of Contract are the provisions of the African Development Bank Standard Bidding Document: Procurement of Goods or Procurement of Works.
7. Bids must be delivered to the Tender Box on 2nd Floor of GDC Riverside Office, Riverside Drive, Nairobi, Kenya on or before 1400hrs on 6th January 2014 and must be accompanied by a bid security of USD 250,000 (United States Dollars Two Hundred and Fifty Thousands) or equivalent in Kenya Shillings (KES).
8. Bids will be opened in the presence of bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at 1400hrs on 6th January 2014 at the Boardroom on 3rd Floor of GDC Riverside Office, on Riverside Drive, Nairobi, Kenya
MANAGER, SUPPLY CHAIN