MINISTRY OF EDUCATION, SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY Tender: IFB Mechanical Engineering equipment for Siala Technical Training Institute,Closing Date:10/10/2013
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION, SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE
INVITATION FOR BIDS
ADB/GOK SUPPORT FOR TIVET PROJECT
Date: 30th August, 2013
Loan N°: ADF/ 21001550018493
1. This Specific Procurement Notice follows the General Procurement Notice for this project, which appeared in Development Business Issue No. 744 of 16th February 2009.
2. The Government of Kenya has received a loan from the African Development Fund in various currencies to finance the cost of the Support Technical, Industrial, Vocational, and Entrepreneurship Training (TIVET) Project. It is intended that part of the proceeds of this loan will be applied to eligible payments under contracts for procurement of Training Equipment as indicated below:-
(a) Mechanical Engineering equipment for Siala Technical Training Institute – one lot ICB/MOHEST/TIVET/1/ 2013-2014
(b) Building and Civil Engineering Equipment forAldai Technical Training Institute – one lot ICB/MOHEST/TIVET/2/ 2013-2014
(c) Building and Civil Engineering Equipment for Mukurweini Technical Training Institute- one lot ICB/MOHEST/TIVET/3/ 2013-2014
(d) Electrical Engineering Equipment for Godoma Technical Training Institute – one lot ICB/MOHEST/TIVET/4/ 2013-2014
(e) Electrical Engineering Equipment for Tseikuru Technical Training Institute – one lot ICB/MOHEST/TIVET/5/ 2013-2014
(f) Electrical Engineering Equipment BuretiTechnical Training Institute – one lot ICB/ MOHEST/TIVET/6/ 2013-2014
Bidders are allowed to bid for one or more lots and must quote for all items in each lot
3. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents at the office of the Project Manager, Kenyatta Avenue, Teleposta towers 24th floor wing C, Room 2412 during the official working hours.
4. The Ministry of Education, Science and Technology now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the Supply of Training Equipment Batch III for use in Technical, Industrial, Vocational and Entrepreneurship Training (TIVET) institutions in the project.
5. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding documents at the office of the Project Manager Support for Technical, Industrial, Vocational and Entrepreneurship Training (TIVET) Project at the address given in paragraph 10 below.
6. A complete set of bidding documents may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the above and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Kenya Shillings Five Thousand (Kes 5,000), to the cashier Ministry of Higher Education, Science and Technology, Harambee Avenue, Jogoo House ‘B’, 9th Floor Room 924.
7. The provisions in the instructions to Bidders and in the General Conditions of Contract are the provisions of the African Development Bank Standard Bidding Documents: Procurement of Goods.
8. Bids must be delivered to the above office of SENIOR DEPUTY DIRECTOR SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT SERVICES, HARAMBEE AVENUE, JOGOO HOUSE B, and 8TH FLOOR ROOM 803 on or before 10.00 a.m on Thursday 10th October, 2013, Local Time.
9. Bids shall be valid for a bid period 120 days after bid opening and must be accompanied by a bid security of Kenya Shillings One Million PER LOT (Kes 1,000,000) or its equivalent in any freely convertible currency. The bid security shall be in the form of a bank guarantee or banker’s cheque and must be from a reputable bank.
10. Bids will be opened in the presence of bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at 10.00 a.m on Thursday 10th October, 2013, Local Time in the Conference Room of:
Ministry of Education, Science and Technology
Jogoo House B, Harambee Avenue
10th Floor Conference Room
P.o Box 9583-00200 Nairobi
Telephone:+254 020 318581
Tel/Fax: +254 0202251991
SENIOR DEPUTY DIRECTOR SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT SERVICES
FOR :PRINCIPAL SECRETARY