Construction of Kericho Town Settlement’s Infrastructure Improvement Works
Type : Tender ( IFB )
Category : Engineering & Construction , Specialized Construction
Ref No : MH/KISIP/WKS/003/2012-2013
By : MINISTRY OF LAND, HOUSING AND URBAN DEVELOPEMENT
Closing : Tue, Jul 14, 2015 11:00
Eligibility : Kenya
Republic of Kenya
MINISTRY OF LAND, HOUSING AND URBAN DEVELOPEMENT
Kenya Informal Settlements Improvement Project
(KISIP) Credit No: 4873-KE
Invitation for Bids (IFB) – National Competitive Bidding NCB
CONSTRUCTION OF KERICHO TOWN SETTLEMENT’S INFRASTRUCTURE IMPROVEMENT WORKS IN AREAS OF SWAHILI VILLAGE, TALAI AND M0T0B0 ARAB INFORMAL SETTLEMENTS (ROADS/FOOT PATHS, & DRAINAGE, FLOOD LIGHTING) IN TWO (2) LOTS- TOTAL 2 CONTRACTS
NCB NO: MLHUD/KISIP/WKS/003/2014-2015
This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice for this project that appeared in UN Development Business; issue No. 803 of 31st July 2011.
The Government of Kenya has received a credit from the World Bank for the implementation of the Kenya Informal Settlements Improvement Project (KISIP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds of the funding to payments under this contract No: MH/KISIP/WKS/003/2012-2013 for Construction of Kericho Town Settlement’s Infrastructure Improvement Works in Swahili Village, Talai and Motobo Informal Settlements (Roads/ & Drainage, Flood Lighting) in Two (2) Lots- Total Two (2) Contracts. Bidding will be governed by the World Bank’s eligibility rules and procedures
The Ministry of Land, Housing and Urban Development through the Kenya Informal Settlement Improvement Project now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for Construction of Kericho Town Settlement’s Infrastructure Improvement Works (Roads & Drainage and Flood Lighting) in Two (2) Lots as follows:
LOT NO. 1
ITEM NO. MLHUD/KISIP/WKS/003A/2014-2015
ITEM DESCRIPTION: Construction of Kericho Town Settlement’s Infrastructure Improvement Works (Roads/Foot Paths & Drainage Woks
LOT NO. 2
ITEM NO. MLHUD/KISIP/WKS/003B/2014-2015
ITEM DESCRIPTION: Construction of Kericho Town Settlement’s Infrastructure Improvement Works (Flood Lighting Works)
More details are contained in the bidding documents.
4. The Scope of Works will comprise but not limited to construction of the following major Components:
Lot 1, MLHUD/KISIP/WKS/003A/2014-2015:Roads/ & Drainage Works in Swahili Village, Talai and Motobo Settlements
Construction of 5,680 m of urban roads following the existing urban road alignment.
Swahili Village – 300m, – 1 No. Bus bay positions
Motobo – 2937m – 2 No. Bus bay positions
Talai – 705 m – 1 No. Bus bay position
Road carriage way width 6m
Lot 2, MLHUD/KISIP/WKS/003B/2014-2015: Flood Lighting Works.
Construction of eight (8no) high mast floodlighting as follows:
Swahili Village – 30m high floodlights – 2no
Motobo – 30m high floodlights – 4no
Talai – 30m high floodlights – 2no
5. The Construction Period in Months is; Lot 1 (12 Months) and Lot 2 (6 Months) A margin of preference shall not be applied.
6. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures specified in the World Bank’s “Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits” published by the Bonk in May 2004 and revised in October 2006 and May 2010., and is open to all bidders from Eligible Source Countries as defined in the Guidelines.
7. Bidders have the option to bid for one or more Lots but must bid for all items in a Lot. Bids quoting for incomplete items in a Lot will be considered non-responsive and rejected. Bids shall be evaluated on a Lot-by-Lot basis and the lowest evaluated bidder for each Lot will be awarded the contract for the Lot.
8. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Ministry of Land Housing and Urban Development – KISIP office Elgon Road Opposite Kadhi Court Upper hill ; Procurement Office ; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and inspect the Bidding Documents from 0900 to 1600 hours from Monday to Friday excluding lunch hour (1300 to 1400Hrs) and public holidays.
9. A complete set of Bidding Documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the address given above on bullet No. 8 and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee Kenya Shillings 2,000 or in any other freely convertible currency. The method of payment will be Bankers Cheque in favor of Principle Secretary, Ministry of Land, Housing and Urban Development or cash paid at cash office located at the address given at No 8 above. The Bidding Documents will be collected from the address given at No 8 above upon production of a purchase receipt; but will be delivered at Ardhi House 6* Floor Tender Box.
10. Bids must be delivered or submitted to the address below at or before Date 14th July 2015. The packages should be clearly marked: Construction of Kericho Town Settlement’s Infrastructure Improvement Works in Swahili Village, Talai and Motobo Informal settlements (Roads/Foot Paths or Drainage, and Flood Lighting) , Contract NO: MLHUD/KISIP/WKS/003/2014-2015 and the Lot Number and placed in the Tender Box located at Ardhi, House, 6th Floor-Reception,Ngong Avenue, Ngong Road, Nairobi. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in person at the address below at 1100 hours EAT on Date 14th July 2015.
11.All bids shall be accompanied by a Bid Security as follows:
Lot 1: Kenya Shillings 4,000,000
Lot 2: Kenya Shillings 400,000
or equivalent amount in freely convertible currency.
12. The address referred to above is:
Ministry of Land, Housing and Urban Development
P.O. BOX 30119-00100
Ardhi House, 6th Floor-Reception
1st Ngong Avenue, off Ngong Road