GEOTHERMAL DEVELOPMENT COMPANY LIMITED Tender:Invitation of Bids for Supply of a Fixed Type Drilling Simulator,Closing Date:31/10/2013
GEOTHERMAL DEVELOPMENT COMPANY LIMITED
SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE (SPN):
Invitation of Bids for Supply of a Fixed Type Drilling Simulator
Date: 16 September 2013
Grant No: 5560155000051
IFB No: GDC/HQS/027/2013-14
1. This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this project that appeared in UNDB online No. AfDB 46-816/12 of February 01, 2012 and on the African Development Bank Group’s Internet Website on January 27, 2012.
2. The Government of Kenya has received Financing from the African Development Bank in various currencies towards the cost of Menengai Phase I Geothermal Project. It is intended that part of the proceeds of this grant will be applied to eligible payments under the contract for Supply of a fixed type drilling simulator.
3. The Geothermal Development Company (GDC) now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the supply of a fixed type drilling simulator designed for the training requirements in a geothermal operational environments with multiple rig packages. The supply shall include installation, commissioning and training of GDC instructors. The quantity of supply is 1 (One) and the project location is Menengai Geothermal Field, Nakuru County, Kenya.
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding documents at the office of:
Manager, Supply Chain
Geothermal Development Company Limited
P.O. Box 100746-00101
5. A complete set of bidding documents may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the above and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of KES 5,000 or USD 60.
6. The provisions in the Instructions to Bidders and in the General Conditions of Contract are the provisions of the African Development Bank Standard Bidding Document: Procurement of Goods or Procurement of Works.
7. Bids must be delivered to the above office on or before 1400hrs on 31 October 2013 and must be accompanied by a security of USD 50,000 (United States Dollars Fifty Thousands).
8. Bids will be opened in the presence of bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at 1400hrs on 31 October 2013 at the offices of GDC Riverside Office, 3rd Floor Boardroom, and Riverside Drive,Nairobi Kenya