MINISTRY OF WATER & IRRIGATION Tender: CIVIL WORKS OF THIBA DAM AND APPURTENANT Closing Date: 27th September 2012
NATIONAL IRRIGATION BOARD (NIB)
MINISTRY OF WATER & IRRIGATION
INVITATION FOR PREQUALIFICATION (IFP)
Project Name: Mwea Irrigation Development Project
Contract Name: ICB Package I: Civil Works of Thiba Dam and Appurtenant
JICA Loan No: KE – P27
Contract Ref No: NIB/T/085/2011-2012
1. The Government of the Republic of Kenya has received a Loan from the Japan International Corporation Agency (hereafter to as “JICA”) towards the cost of the Mwea Irrigation Development Project under the Loan Agreement No. KE-P27 OF 16th August 201. It is intended that part of the proceeds of this Loan will be applied to eligible payment for which this invitation for prequalification is issued.
2. The National Irrigation Board of the Ministry of Water and Irrigation (hereinafter referred to as “the Employer”) intends to prequalify contractors and / or firms of ICB Package I. Civil works Thiba Dam and Appurtenant Structures. The Thiba Dam is an approximately 40m high and 1000 m long rockfill dam located about 120 km and branch canals, approximately 40m high and 1000m long rockfil dam located about 120 km north – east of Nairobi, Kenya.
3. It is expected that invitation for Bids will be made in October / November 2012.
4. Prequalification will be conducted through prequalification procedures specified in the Guidelines for procurement under Japanese ODA Loans, March 2009, and is open to all bidders for eligible source countries as defined in the guidelines.
5. Interested eligible may obtain further information form and inspect the Prequalification Documents at the address given below, form 0900 hours to 1700 local time (from Monday to Friday except public holidays and weekends).
6. A complete set of the pre-qualification document may be purchased by interested applicant on the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a non refundable fee of KES 5, 000 in cash of banker’s cheque.
7. Applications for prequalification should be submitted in sealed envelopes, delivered to the address below by 27th September 2012 at 1200 hours local time and be clearly marked “Application to prequalify for Mwea Irrigation Development Project, ICB Package I: Civil Works of Thiba Dam and Appurtenant Structures, NIB/T/085/2011-2012.
8. Employer Address:
National Irrigation Board (NIB)
Contact Person: Head of Procurement and Supplies Unit
Unyunyizi House, Lenana Road
P. O. Box 30372 – 00100
NAIROBI – Kenya
Tel: +254 20 2711468
Fax: +254 20 2711347/2722821