Preparation and Implementation of Re-Settlement Action Plan (RAP) and Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) Report
Type : Tender ( RFP )
Category : Engineering & Construction , Engineering Consultancy
Ref No :
By : LAKE VICTORIA NORTH WATER SERVICES BOARD
Closing : Tue, Apr 21, 2015
Eligibility : Kenya
LAKE VICTORIA NORTH WATER SERVICES BOARD
REQUESTS FOR PROPOSAL
[INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANCY SERVICES SELECTION]
PROJECT: KENYA ITALY DEBT FOR DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME-KIDDP
Individual Consulting Services for Preparation and Implementation of Re-Settlement Action Plan (RAP) and Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) Report for Chesikaki-Cheptais-Sirisia Water Supply Project
The Lake Victoria North Water Services Board (LVNWSB) has received funds from the Government of Kenya through the Kenya Italy Debt for Development Programme (KIDDP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include the following:
Prepare an Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) documenting the present condition of the environment (bio-physical and socio-economic) and identifying the positive and negative impacts that may result from the design and construction of the project and in so doing, to address the necessary environmental mitigation and monitoring measures in an Environmental and Social Management Plan (ESMP).
Prepare a Resettlement Action Plan as a separate document that will record cases of impacts on persons, loss of assets, loss of sources of livelihood and interruption of social networks for the proposed Project.
3. The LVNWSB now invites eligible individual consultants (“Individual Consultant”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Individual Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The short listing criteria are:
The Consultant should possess at least a Bachelors degree in Project Management or Civil Engineering or Social Sciences or Land Economics or Land Survey and be registered as a Consultant with a current practising professional licence with at least ten working years, five of which should be as a registered consultant. The Consultant should have successfully completed three assignments of similar complexity and nature.
4. Individual Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultants Selection (ICS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines under the Public Procurement and Disposal Act 2005.
5. Further information can be obtained at the address below on weekdays during office hours 0800 to 1700 hours
6. Interested individual Consultants must request for the detailed Terms of Reference for the assignment from the address below for preparation of their Proposals since Consultants will be expected to submit both the Technical and Financial Envelopes (separately) on the same day.
7. Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by close of business on 21st April, 2015.
Chief Executive Officer
Lake Victoria North Water Services Board
P.O. Box 673, Off Kakamega-Kisumu road Opposite Barclays Bank
Tel: +254 – 56 2031552
Fax: +254 – 56 2031506