Procurement of a Works Contractor for the Proposed Library Complex of East African School of Aviation
Type : Tender ( IFB )
Category : Engineering & Construction , Specialized Construction
Ref No : KCAA50/2013-2014
By : KENYA CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY (KCAA)
Closing : Tue, May 12, 2015 10:00
Eligibility : Kenya
KENYA CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY (KCAA)
National Urban Transport Improvement Project (Cr.5140-KE)
Invitation for Bids for Procurement of a Works Contractor for the Proposed Library Complex of East African School of Aviation (Tender No. KCAA50/2013-2014)
1. The Government of Kenya has received financing from the World Bank toward
the cost of the National Urban Transport Improvement Project and intends to
apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Construction
of the proposed Library Complex for the East African School of Aviation.
2. The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority now invites sealed bids from eligible and ,qualified bidders. Below is a brief description of the works, location, construction period and some of the qualification requirements which potential biddersare requirement to meet:
Works required: Building and civil works, electrical and mechanical installations
Site/location: East African School of Aviation, located in Embakasi area, Nairobi.
Construction period: Not exceeding eighteen months.
Minimum annual average turnover of Kshs.400.00 million.
Participation as a contractor in at least four (4) contracts of similar size and complexity that have been successfully and substantially completed in the last five years. The minimum value of each contract listed should not be less than Kshs. 350.00 million.
3. Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding procedures as specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement of Goods, Works and Non-Consulting Services under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers (“Procurement Guidelines”), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Guidelines. In addition, please refer to paragraphs 1.6 and 1.7 setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Kenya Civil Aviation Authority, office of the Procurement Manager, located on the ground floor of Kenya Airports Authority Complex Building, and inspect the bidding documents during office hours 0800 to 1700 hours with the exception of lunch hour 1300 to 1400 hoursat the address given below under paragraph 8. Bidders may also view and download the bidding documents from the KCAA website: www.kcaa.or.ke and immediately forward their particulars for records and also for the purposes of receiving any further tender clarifications and/or addendums.
5. A complete set of bidding documents in English Language may be purchased by interested eligible bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of one thousand
] Kenya Shillings (Kshs. 1,000.00) or an equivalent amount in freely convertible currency. The method of payment will be cash or a banker’s cheque payable to the Director General, Kenya Civil Aviation Authority. Bidders who download the bidding documents will not be required to pay the stated fee. A pre-bid meeting will be held at the East African School of Aviation on 12th May 2015at 1100 hours.
6. Bids must be delivered to the address indicated in paragraph 8 on or before 1200 hours of28th May 2015. Electronic bidding will notbe permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who choose to attend at the-address indicated in paragraph 8 at 1200 hours of 28th May 2015.
7. All bids must be accompanied by a “Bid Security” offive miljion Kenya Shillings (Kshs.5,000,000.00) or equivalent amount in freely convertible currency.
8. The address for inspection of bidding*document and bid submission is as follows:
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority, located at Kenya Airports Authority Complex
Building, Jomo Kenyatta International Airport,
P.O. Box 30163-00100, Nairobi, Kenya.
Floor: Ground Floor (Procurement Office)
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org: email@example.com:
Opening of bids will be carried out at the Kenya Civil Aviation Authority’s Board Room located on the first floor of the KAA Complex Building.