NILE BASIN INITIATIVE Tender: CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR DEVELOPMENT AND PRODUCTION OF NILE EQUATORIAL LAKES REGION, ELECTRICITY GRIDS MAPS Closing Date: 3rd September 2012
NILE BASIN INITIATIVE
NILE EQUATORIAL LAKES SUBSIDIARY ACTION PROGRAM
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
NILE BASIN TRUST FUND (NBTF)
GRANT NO: TF 96105
CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR DEVELOPMENT AND PRODUCTION OF NILE EQUATORIAL LAKES REGION, ELECTRICITY GRIDS MAPS
The Nile Basin initiatives /Equatorial Subsidiary Action program has received financing from the world Bank (hereinafter called “the grant) towards the cost of implementing the Nile Equatorial Lakes Power Programe, BBI/NELSA now intends to apply part of the proceeds to finance a consultancy to develop and produce Nile Equatorial Lakes Region Electricity Grid Maps. The objective of this consultancy is to assist the NELSAP and the countries in the production of maps of the regional Interconnected Electricity grids. The maps will be used in different activated e.g. for power point presentations, for hanging in offices at NELSAP and in different NELSAP countries.
The scope of the service will include but not limited to:
1) Review the existing and planned regional network that covers NELSAP countries (Burundi, DR Congo, Egypt, Ethiopia, Kenya, Sudan, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda) This will be done through he comprehensive Basin Wide Study Report, 2011 and EAPP/EAC Power Master Plan.
2) Visit at least some Countries (Burundi DR Congo, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, South Sudan And Uganda) and get information (coordinates) on existing and planned generation and transmission lines.
3) Develop maps showing the borders of the NELSAP countries even if they go beyond the Nile Basin because regional power grid goes beyond the Nile River basin.
4) Develop maps that will include existing / planed generations plants of 50 MW and above except for Burundi and Rwanda where power generation plants of 20 MW would be included. For selection of the planned power [plants the consultants should consider: (i) capacity superior to 50 MW in all countries and 20 MW in Burundi and Rwanda (II) Probability that eh plant can realistically be built during the next 25 years. The final list of existing and planned power plants should be validated by NELSAP – CU after the edition of the draft mps.
5) Develop maps that will include existing /planned transmission lines. Interconnections HV 110 KV and above, the NILE River basin riparian countries, but also linking one of these countries to another neighboring country.
6) Ensure that maps are done by layers with different voltage appearing on different layers, power plants on separate layer etc.
7) Ensure that maps include into the goes metadata such as source of info, year etc.
Nile Basin initiative now invited eligible consulting firms to indicate their interest in the provision of the above consultancy services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating they are qualified to perform such services (brochures, profile of the rim, description of similar assignments, experience in similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc). Consultants may associate to enhance their qualifications.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Banks Guidelines Selection and Employment of consultants by World Banks Borrowers, MAY 2004 (Revised October 1, 2006 and January 2011) based on Consultant Qualifications Selection method. For clarifications please contact.
Regional Procurement specialist
P. O. Box 6759
Tel: +250 786591984
Expression of interest in English must be delivered ( ORIGNAL AND IN 2 COPIES) to the address below by 3rd September 2012 at 11. 00 am local time in a sealed envelope marked “Expression of interest for consultancy services for Development and Production of NEL region Electricity Grids maps.
Nile Equatorial Lakes Subsidiary Action
Kigali City Towers
P. O. Box 6759