Rehabilitation of Kapenguria – Makutano Water Supply
Type : Tender ( IFB )
Category : Engineering & Construction , Roads & Sewarage Construction
Ref No : LVNWSB/WaSSIP-AF/KAPE-MAKUT/2015
By : LAKE VICTORIA NORTH WATER SERVICES BOARD
Closing : Tue, Nov 03, 2015 12:00
Eligibility : Kenya
LAKE VICTORIA NORTH WATER SERVICES BOARD
P. O Box 673 – 50100, KAKAMEGA, TEL: 0562031552,
Fax 0562031506, Email: email@example.com
INVITATION FOR BIDS (IFB
IFB Title: Rehabilitation of Kapenguria – Makutano Water Supply
Contract No: LVNWSB/WaSSIP-AF/KAPE-MAKUT/2015.
1. The Government of Kenya has received a grant from World Bank and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this grant for payment under contracts.
LVNWSB/WaSSIP-AF/KAPE-MAKUT/2015 – Rehabilitation of Kapenguria – Makutano Water Supply Schemes in Kapenguria Town in West Pokot County.
2. The Lake Victoria Water Services Board, a parastal under the Ministry of Water and Irrigation, now invites sealed Bids from eligible and qualified Bidders for Rehabilitation of Kapenguria – Makutano Water Supply Schemes.
The Works include but are not limited to:-
Kapenguria Town Water Supply Scheme.
Rehabilitation of the existing Kapenguria River Intake area including the buildings’ roof replacement and repainting, constructing a new fence and main gate;
Supply and installation of 1 Nr. duty raw water pump set complete with a control panel;
Replacing with a new pipe the existing 1,072m long DN 100mm raw water rising main to the existing Kapenguria T/works;
Rehabilitation of the existing Kapenguria T/works which will include: cleaning and servicing of the existing water treatment works components, repainting of the buildings at the premises, replacement of the existing main gate, supply and installation of new elevated steel backwash tank (capacity 30 m3), supply and installation of a new duty pump set complete with control panel, servicing of the existing duty pump set which then becomes standby;
Replacing with a new pipe the existing 764m long DN 100mm treated water rising main to the existing DC and Hospital tanks, while converting the existing line to a return line;
Replacing with a new pipe the existing 1,057m long DN 100mm treated water rising main to the tank at the Governor’s office, while converting the existing line to a return line;
Replacing with a new pipe the existing 1,014m long DN 75mm treated water rising main to Bendera Tank from the Governor’s Tank, while converting the existing line to a return line
Supply and Installation of new steel tanks, capacities 110 and 108 m3, to replace the existing elevated steel tanks at DCs office and Kapenguria Hospital. The tanks supplied will be of similar characteristics to the existing tanks;
Minor renovation and repainting of the existing Bendera tank.
Makutano Town Water Supply Scheme
Rehabilitation of the existing Kotoruk River water works area including the buildings’ repainting, constructing a new main gate and a pipe culvert at the entrance;
Construction of a new 600 mVday composite filtration system
Supply and installation of a new duty raw water pump set to replace the cunent duty pump set which will be serviced and converted to standby;
Supply and installation of a new duty treated water pump set to replace the current duty pump set pumping water to the tank at KAWASCO offices. The existing duty pump set will be serviced and converted to standby;
Supply and installation of a new duty booster water pump set to replace the current duty pump set boosting water pressure from KAWASCO Tank to outlets at Makutano Town. The existing duty pump set will be serviced and converted to standby;
Servicing of the existing duty and standby pump sets pumping water to Lityei /Kamito /Showground tanks
Note: The pump sets will be supplied complete with pumping devices, motors and their control panels.
The construction period for the works is 12 (Twelve) months.
3. Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures as specified in the Worid Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement of Goods under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by world bank borrowers Borrowers for Procurement of Goods, Works and Non-Consulting Services issued in January 2011 and revised in Jury 2014 (“Procurement Guidelines”), and is open to all eligible Bidders as defined in the Procurement Guidelines. In addition, please refer to paragraphs 1.6 and 1.7 setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest
4. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from the address below and inspect the Bidding Documents from 0800 hours to 1700 hours local time from Monday to Friday, except during lunch hour (1300 hours to 1400 hours), during weekends and public holidays.
5. Qualifications requirements include:
a) Experience as prime Contractor in the construction of at least one Works’ Contract of a nature and complexity equivalent to the Works in the last five (5) years.
b) Proposals for the timely acquisition (own, lease, hire, etc) of the essential equipment i.e. (i) 2 Nr 7/ 10 ton Tipper Lorry, (ii) 1 Nr Concrete Mixers (lm3), (i’i) 2 Nr Concrete Vibrators (90mm), (vj) 1 Nr Concrete Dumper, (v) 1 Nr Air Compressor, (vi) 1 Nr Pick-Up, (vii) Mechanical Pressure Testing Equipment
c) Adequate and competent staff for the Works including a Site Agent (Registered Engineer or equivalent) with 5 years’ relevant experience in Works of similar nature and volume, including no less than three years as Site Agent; and
d) Liquid assets and/or credit facilities, net of other contractual commitments and exclusive of any advance payments which may be made under the Contract, of no less than Kshs. 100,000,000 (Kenya Shillings One Hundred Million Only) or equivalent in a freely convertible currency.
6. A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of non- refundable fee of Kshs. 100,000.00 per set The method of payment will be cash (deposit to KCB Kakamega account No. 243673724) or banker’s cheque from a reputable bank in Kenya or through Lake Victoria North Water Services Board MPESA pay bill no. 909318 The bidding documents will be collected from the address below upon production of a purchase receipt
7. There shall be a Pre-Bid site visit on Friday 16th October 2015 at 10.00am at Kapenguria Water Offices in Kapenguria Town , West Pokot County. The cost of the visit to be borne by the Bidder.
8. Bids must be delivered to the address below at or before 1200 hours East Africa time on 3rd November 2015 Electronic bidding shall not be permitted. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened physically in the presence of the Bidders’ Representatives who choose to attend in person at the address below at 1205 hours East Africa time on 3rd November 2015.
9. All Bids shall be accompanied by a Bid Security of 1% of the Tender Sum in form of a Bank Guarantee.
10. The address referred to above is:
Chief Executive Officer
Lake Victoria North Water Services Board
Former KEFINCO Offices Off Kakamega – Kisumu Road